MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
would you hit a girl? RyanC Dating & Relationships 79 06-15-2012 09:08 PM
Top Five Qualities In a Guy or Girl lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 150 03-23-2011 07:20 PM
Girl Who Doesn't Age caroline54 General Discussion 38 09-02-2009 11:03 AM

girl roommates (guy)

Old 08-25-2012 at 12:19 PM   #1
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

girl roommates (guy)
my friend asked me a rather profound question the other day. If you're a guy (straight) is it a good idea to room with 3 random girls for the year?

from a guys perspective I can only think of the negatives.

-It'll be distracting b/c you'll always be trying to flirt with them 24/7 and not be productive

-Because you're a roommate they won't be interested in sleeping with you, more likely you'll be in the next room having to listen to them have s*x with random guys they bring home.

-You'll have to listen to all their problems, and play mediator when they all get drunk and are at each others throats.

-Their cycles will all sync up, so be prepared for them to all be in a bad mood at the same time.

what do you guys think? Is it worth it? I say no. Do what you have to do outside of where you live.
Old 08-25-2012 at 12:23 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

If you're an adult, no.

All the issues you just listed is blarthing stupidity. If you're a decent human being, you'll try to get along with them and become friends; meaning it shouldn't matter if they come to you to help mediate. Hooking up or dating a roomate generally isn't a good idea, but if you click, why not?

Old 08-25-2012 at 12:28 PM   #3
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating16 / 5Add positive rank
The MI community seriously dislikes this post by tyrant
It may contain offensive material. Click here to view it anyways.
Old 08-25-2012 at 12:29 PM   #4
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

the most important question to ask is whether any of them bake. although i wouldn't become roommates with 'random' people regardless of gender. crazy knows no gender.

Old 08-25-2012 at 12:46 PM   #5
AndrewS

Liked: 24 Times

I'll answer this from the perspective of you do hook up with them.

Positive
- can booty call/hangout with them at pretty much any time.

Negative
-Sort of the same as Positive, they are always around, and if things go south (but not in a good way) you still live with them. if you stop hooking up or break up or whatever, it will be weird when you first start bringing other people around.

Also, kind of what Ryan said. Just because you have girl roommates doesn't mean you're going to hookup with them. If you hear them have sex, who cares, get used to it. You can always throw on some headphones. There are a bunch of other things I'd like to point out from your post but I'm le tired. I can't tell if you're trolling or not. I guess you just haven't lived with girls before. I think (and from what other people have said it seems unanimous) that living with in a house that is a mixture of guys and girls is best.
Old 08-25-2012 at 01:01 PM   #6
randhirmiz

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post

-Their cycles will all sync up, so be prepared for them to all be in a bad mood at the same time.
.... uhm.. what?

Demovibutler, enarab like this.
Old 08-25-2012 at 01:18 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

It could be good and bad. Women have "messy" washrooms with abillion hair products and possibly hair all over. Also long shower times?? But it could be nice. They could be neater, more stuff shared in the kitchen... I live with 2 girls and it's no different

tyrant likes this.
Old 08-25-2012 at 02:43 PM   #8
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhirmiz View Post
.... uhm.. what?
Period.

x3

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 08-25-2012 at 02:48 PM   #9
randhirmiz

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
Period.

x3
haha, no I got that...
I just have a hard time figuring out whether he's joking or not..

Last edited by randhirmiz : 08-25-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2012 at 05:04 PM   #10
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

* everytime I say "you" or "you're", I'm not referring to you specifically, but just people who think this way.

1) It's distracting because you'd always be trying to flirt with them 24/7 and you wouldn't be productive? They're your roommates for God's sake. The assumption in that statement (whether you realize it or not) is that your advances will be reciprocated or even appreciated, which might not be the case. Also seriously, friendly flirting with other people, friends or strangers, is not a tasking job. It's social behaviour. It happens, it stops, you move on with your day. When have you ever heard "I couldn't do my schoolwork because I was flirting with my room mate in the kitchen and it took up half my day".

2) If you're signing up to live with girls just so you can maybe have a shot at sleeping with them, you really need to sort yourself out. Not only is it disgusting, but it can cause a lot of problems. Many women can (and do) see behaviour like this as potentially dangerous. Also, come on, you're a grown man, what's wrong with listening to people having sex? Invest in some ear plugs and always make sure there's enough protection in the house.

3) This is such a gendered stereotype. Even if the experience holds true for you, it's not representative of all females. I've had my fair share of drunk men lamenting.

4) So what if they do? You're basically proving again and again that your only incentive to room with women is to sleep with them. If you're going to do it, at the very least you tolerate the stuff that comes with sharing a house with menstruating girls. Also, periods can be incredibly painful, but you'd never know being a guy. If a girl's in a bad mood because of her period, trust me, she's probably doing you a favour because that's the least she can do.

This question is in no way profound lmao

Conclusion: whoever thinks like this has some serious "nice guy" issues and needs to grow up.

Old 08-25-2012 at 06:41 PM   #11
ParrotKeep11

Liked: 2 Times

they're not gonna sleep with you man lol... get a house full of guys and make friends with the neighbor girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhirmiz View Post
haha, no I got that...
I just have a hard time figuring out whether he's joking or not..
I think he has watched one too many chick flicks.
they sync up if you live together/are around other girls a lot

tyrant likes this.
Old 08-25-2012 at 07:05 PM   #12
Mac-10

Liked: 17 Times

Don't bang the roomates bruh, it gets messy. Just hit the gym and bring grenades back to the crib, then get them a cab after. Smash and dash, quick (for you atleast ) and easy.
Old 08-25-2012 at 08:19 PM   #13
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewS View Post
I'll answer this from the perspective of you do hook up with them.

Positive
- can booty call/hangout with them at pretty much any time.

Negative
-Sort of the same as Positive, they are always around, and if things go south (but not in a good way) you still live with them. if you stop hooking up or break up or whatever, it will be weird when you first start bringing other people around.

Also, kind of what Ryan said. Just because you have girl roommates doesn't mean you're going to hookup with them. If you hear them have sex, who cares, get used to it. You can always throw on some headphones. There are a bunch of other things I'd like to point out from your post but I'm le tired. I can't tell if you're trolling or not. I guess you just haven't lived with girls before. I think (and from what other people have said it seems unanimous) that living with in a house that is a mixture of guys and girls is best.
I'm not even replying to your comment. I'm replying because what the hell our profiles are way too similar. Similar usernames (and the one change is a single key away on the keyboard!)/same name, both listed as third year, both without avatars and signatures. O.o

Anyway, on-topic: it sounds to me like a terrible, terrible idea to try to sleep with your roommates. Even flirting with them has a good chance of making things become awkward. If you think you can be mature enough to not try these things, then you can probably make it work without issues.

AndrewS likes this.
Old 08-25-2012 at 09:56 PM   #14
Abhimint

Liked: 4 Times

Man I'll say its a bad idea,
and its no fault of anyone's but nature...we people are at such an age where I find true maturity to be a very rare commodity to find in anyone, so you are bound to get some strange thoughts in your head every once in a while, so the the best thing I suggest is just focus on your studies for now(thinking of this as nothing but a distraction) and stay with a bunch of guys.
That's my take on the issue however..its what I would do, but do what you feel is right for you bud, I just gave you my logic behind my answer
Old 08-25-2012 at 10:14 PM   #15
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
* everytime I say "you" or "you're", I'm not referring to you specifically, but just people who think this way.

1) It's distracting because you'd always be trying to flirt with them 24/7 and you wouldn't be productive? They're your roommates for God's sake. The assumption in that statement (whether you realize it or not) is that your advances will be reciprocated or even appreciated, which might not be the case. Also seriously, friendly flirting with other people, friends or strangers, is not a tasking job. It's social behaviour. It happens, it stops, you move on with your day. When have you ever heard "I couldn't do my schoolwork because I was flirting with my room mate in the kitchen and it took up half my day".

2) If you're signing up to live with girls just so you can maybe have a shot at sleeping with them, you really need to sort yourself out. Not only is it disgusting, but it can cause a lot of problems. Many women can (and do) see behaviour like this as potentially dangerous. Also, come on, you're a grown man, what's wrong with listening to people having sex? Invest in some ear plugs and always make sure there's enough protection in the house.

3) This is such a gendered stereotype. Even if the experience holds true for you, it's not representative of all females. I've had my fair share of drunk men lamenting.

4) So what if they do? You're basically proving again and again that your only incentive to room with women is to sleep with them. If you're going to do it, at the very least you tolerate the stuff that comes with sharing a house with menstruating girls. Also, periods can be incredibly painful, but you'd never know being a guy. If a girl's in a bad mood because of her period, trust me, she's probably doing you a favour because that's the least she can do.

This question is in no way profound lmao

Conclusion: whoever thinks like this has some serious "nice guy" issues and needs to grow up.
how naive of you think think flirting just "happens", from my perspective its a deliberate skill that you're applying. Every action brings you one step closer to the goal. It's a game, a very fun game....