MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
girl roommates (guy) tyrant Dating & Relationships 27 01-07-2013 04:40 PM
would you hit a girl? RyanC Dating & Relationships 79 06-15-2012 09:08 PM
Top Five Qualities In a Guy or Girl lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 150 03-23-2011 07:20 PM
Girl Who Doesn't Age caroline54 General Discussion 38 09-02-2009 11:03 AM

How to approach a girl I'm interested in?

Old 10-11-2013 at 09:16 PM   #16
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 165 Times

@onedayy: With guys, it's not like that. They get the wrong idea, and most are very clingy and can't take a hint.
A few weeks ago, a random guy sat beside me on the bus, and starting talking, I went along with it just to be nice, we talked about school, work and just random small talk, and that same day, he showed up at my work asking for my number. He was a decent looking guy, but honestly, if I had given my number to just some random guy I met on a bus, what would that say about me?

@MrPinkett: Good looking or not, you should go for girls you already somewhat know. You don't have to be their best friend before you ask them out, but at least know their name or get to know what their personality is like. This can be a girl from a lab or tutorial, whose answers and remarks you think are clever or something. Not just some hot girl you saw eating who you think is "perfect" just because you want to bang her. Think with your upstairs brain, guys.
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:37 PM   #17
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

Quote:
@onedayy: With guys, it's not like that. They get the wrong idea, and most are very clingy and can't take a hint.
A few weeks ago, a random guy sat beside me on the bus, and starting talking, I went along with it just to be nice, we talked about school, work and just random small talk, and that same day, he showed up at my work asking for my number. He was a decent looking guy, but honestly, if I had given my number to just some random guy I met on a bus, what would that say about me?
You told him off? The guy that was brave enough to talk to you in a public place, then was eager enough to spend his time finding you at your job.... and you say no? No wonder so many guys hesitate to talk to women.

Quote:
@MrPinkett: Good looking or not, you should go for girls you already somewhat know. You don't have to be their best friend before you ask them out, but at least know their name or get to know what their personality is like. This can be a girl from a lab or tutorial, whose answers and remarks you think are clever or something. Not just some hot girl you saw eating who you think is "perfect" just because you want to bang her. Think with your upstairs brain, guys.
Yes, it is easier to ask out a chick that you know and talk to, like a friend. But as we get older, it becomes harder for us to make friends, and harder to find romantic partners too....

... so we gain enough courage, talk to a girl that we like on a bus, then we find her on her job and ask her out, then she says no, and make us feel miserable. All according to plan.
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:37 PM   #18
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
Now that you mention it, I remember last year I saw a guy asking a random girl for her number at the student center. He was rejected in front of so many crowds and it was very painful to watch..
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:45 PM   #19
onedayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
You told him off? The guy that was brave enough to talk to you in a public place, then was eager enough to spend his time finding you at your job.... and you say no? No wonder so many guys hesitate to talk to women.
No worries bro. Fortunately, many girls aren't like that
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:46 PM   #20
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayy View Post
Now that you mention it, I remember last year I saw a guy asking a random girl for her number at the student center. He was rejected in front of so many crowds and it was very painful to watch..
That really sucks. I would hate to be that guy. I was talking to a girl today on the GO bus on the way back to Brampton, and I asked for her number once we left the bus. So, there was no pressure on me or her since there wasn't really anyone in our proximity anymore to really pay attention, and I got it. If we were on the bus, it might've been different.
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:49 PM   #21
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Quote:
No, I didn't tell him off, I said I had a boyfriend. He took the hint.
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:52 PM   #22
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
No, I didn't tell him off, I said I had a boyfriend. He took the hint.
But you were single, right? Are you single now?
Old 10-11-2013 at 10:16 PM   #23
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
But you were single, right? Are you single now?
A lot of females opt out for that option instead of saying they aren't interested.
Old 10-11-2013 at 10:30 PM   #24
matt1025

Liked: 2 Times

Are you interested in him?
Old 10-11-2013 at 10:38 PM   #25
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
A lot of females opt out for that option instead of saying they aren't interested.
I'm just asking because if she was single and told him off, she's a liar. If she's not single now, she's a liar, because her profile says otherwise.

Like why do they say man are the liars. I say women are. They play with your mind, get what they want, suck all the life out of you (in all meanings possible), then leave you with nothing. They are monsters.
Old 10-11-2013 at 10:43 PM   #26
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
I'm just asking because if she was single and told him off, she's a liar. If she's not single now, she's a liar, because her profile says otherwise.

Like why do they say man are the liars. I say women are. They play with your mind, get what they want, suck all the life out of you (in all meanings possible), then leave you with nothing. They are monsters.
I agree with you. Especially the part where you talked about sucking the life out of you in all meanings possible.
Old 10-11-2013 at 10:47 PM   #27
onedayy

Quote:

You know that 1 little extra X chromosome they have just for fun? That sure makes hell lot of psychological difference
Old 10-11-2013 at 10:58 PM   #28
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 32 Times

when women say they have boyfriends, that basically means they're not interested, but they don't want to reject guys in a mean way, they care about their reputation and do not want to be a slut in front of their friends. And when a girl gives you her number, IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING, or even she makes out with you, it doesn't mean shit. Women are not liars, they just don't want to be rude.
They care more about men's sub-communication, not just your looks (unless just some superficial girls)
Old 10-11-2013 at 11:11 PM   #29
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.C View Post
when women say they have boyfriends, that basically means they're not interested, but they don't want to reject guys in a mean way, they care about their reputation and do not want to be a slut in front of their friends. And when a girl gives you her number, IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING, or even she makes out with you, it doesn't mean shit. Women are not liars, they just don't want to be rude.
They care more about men's sub-communication, not just your looks (unless just some superficial girls)
I think there are huge racial differences here.
Asians (especially Koreans) are biased more towards looks than sub-communication, thanks to many of the celebrities and the idea of "flower boys".
Old 10-12-2013 at 11:20 AM   #30
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

I agree with Jesse. Lying is sometimes done to avoid hurt and embarrassment for the other person. I'd rather be a liar than a cold hearted bitch.