MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Combined Honours Help!!! AztekEscobar Academics 1 03-23-2011 08:02 AM
Combined Honours Degree vs. Two Degrees Shmowen Academics 1 08-08-2010 05:49 PM
Help! No courses running required for second year combined honours theatre and film t3hbovinator Academics 2 06-15-2010 05:41 PM
Combined Honours with OSAP kc540 Financial Aid 24 06-08-2010 10:41 PM
Applying for Combined Honours Shmowen Academics 3 03-18-2010 09:32 AM

art sci combined honours

Old 05-22-2011 at 06:24 PM   #1
Mango99

Liked: 0 Times

art sci combined honours
Hi,

I'm looking for a little bit more information on combining art sci with a science (like biochem or molecular biology and genetics). The website says limited enrolment. Does this mean that a combined honours in science would be really hard to get in to? Would a combined honours in science prepare you for graduate studies in the sciences?

Thank you!
Old 05-22-2011
teodoraprost
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-22-2011 at 10:01 PM   #2
SC04

Liked: 4 Times

I've never heard of anybody not being able to combine in the area they want to, but it may be more difficult to get into a more selective program, like perhaps chem bio. And yeah, the idea of combining in something like biochem is so that you can pursue it in grad school if you're so inclined

Mango99 says thanks to SC04 for this post.
Old 05-22-2011 at 11:45 PM   #3
nciggle

Liked: 11 Times

You can definitely combine with a science and as long as you get decent marks I don't think you will not get a seat. Like Sean said I've never heard of anyone not getting into their desired combined honours stream, and since there are only ~60 students its not likely that more than 5 ppl will decide to combine in the same field

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II

Mango99 says thanks to nciggle for this post.

dquest likes this.