MacInsiders Logo

Ashkan Eshaghbeigi

Old 01-21-2010 at 03:46 PM   #16
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Wow Ash, you have the most views!!

Just want to point out to all apathetic voters - I think Ash will definitely be one to shake up the status quo in the MSU!
Old 01-21-2010 at 04:03 PM   #17
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

Anyone who has done as many extra-curriculars as Ash has while still making it through engineering physics deserves the job. I think the idea for an endowment fund is great.

He's got my vote.

ash0000, micadjems all say thanks to J-Met for this post.

micadjems, nick1988 like this.
Old 01-21-2010 at 06:28 PM   #18
micadjems
Awesome Member

Don't forget the management part!

Definitely shows promise for understanding the financial ongoings of the system.
Old 01-21-2010 at 06:32 PM   #19
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Ash is an unbelievable person. Both in spirit and intelligence. In my year before coming to McMaster, I had a zillion questions about McMaster Engineering and co-op. I was told by my Engineering Experience Weekend group leader to contact Ash.

For 10 simple questions, the man gave me a 1500 word response. And on top of that he responded the same day. This candidate has a tonne of knowledge, zillions of stories/experience, and is an amazing person to back it up.

The MSU needs someone like Ash to F*ck S*it Up (In a good way )

"Keep on rockin' and good luck with everything!"
Old 01-21-2010 at 09:26 PM   #20
ash0000

Liked: 41 Times

Poitr, thanks for the kind words.

I don't exactly intend to stir the pot. I intend to do my job and do it well. I have some very practical and reasonable ideas I wish to put forward that will work in a one year time frame, ideas that I believe will add to quality of the undergraduate experience for at least a few years. I have experience working with all the ideas I mentioned in my platform on my campaign website.
Old 01-21-2010 at 10:13 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

One of my first memories of Ash is from our first day in res (Whidden Whidden Whidden!) back in 2004 (I've been here a long time too). He, myself and a bunch of other people from third and fourth floors went to play ultimate Frisbee in the Oval by IWC.

Throughout the week, Ash was always there, and always spirited; which is something that continued for the rest of that year, and every year since.

I remember crashing the Eng Faculty Night (although I was invited to go...so it's not technically crashing!), and seeing him singing with the band (and head banging with his long hair), playing the various blow up games and just being generally spirited. That is probably why he won Eng Superfrosh that year.

I also remember a failed attempt to get to Pita Pit, but I think that was a little bit after Welcome Week. There were also a couple of Eng pubs and various other random adventures during our first year.

Okay, I'll stop prattling on about the good old times (omg we are sooooo old!) and say this: I am not on Ash's campaign team. But nevertheless, I wish him the best of luck in this election. The way he talks to me now (and throughout all of the other years) has changed little if any: he is an awesome, down-to-earth person who always makes time to help out the people around him.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-21-2010 at 10:19 PM   #22
ash0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post

I also remember a failed attempt to get to Pita Pit, but I think that was a little bit after Welcome Week.
Bahahaha I completely forgot about that. So many things happened that year, it passed by too quickly.

Thanks for the nice comments Danielle, I appreciate it
Old 01-21-2010 at 11:16 PM   #23
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Ash, you were my welcome week rep during frosh week...one of the craziest, yet intelligent people I have ever met
Old 01-21-2010 at 11:19 PM   #24
ash0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
Ash, you were my welcome week rep during frosh week...one of the craziest, yet intelligent people I have ever met
Thank you Latif! I only hope my antics set a good start for your first year
Old 01-21-2010 at 11:21 PM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0000 View Post
Bahahaha I completely forgot about that. So many things happened that year, it passed by too quickly.

Thanks for the nice comments Danielle, I appreciate it

Subway just didn't cut it...haha

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-21-2010 at 11:59 PM   #26
ash0000

pita pit is always good... though im really into jimmy gringo burritos now
Old 01-22-2010 at 07:35 AM   #27
micadjems
Awesome Member

I specifically remembered Ash out of the redsuits from frosh week because he remembered my name

And I don't remember people all too well!
Old 01-22-2010 at 08:52 AM   #28
ash0000

I think thats something most reps should work hard to do
Old 01-22-2010 at 09:38 AM   #29
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0000 View Post
I think thats something most reps should work hard to do
That's why res reps get their students to write their names on their shirts! And if you were me...ON THE FRONT!

Old 01-22-2010 at 11:53 AM   #30
nick1988

Liked: 16 Times

This is one of the great things that I find about ash. When he decides he will do something he takes it to 150% and makes the biggest effort EVER! Every year after welcome week he has like 100 first years add him to facebook and he gets to know SO many names! I meet pretty well all the same people as he does in that week and probably only manage to remember half of what he does. THis sort of passion, effort is what we need in the MSU to be able to have as many people understand what the student union is doing for us.