MacInsiders Logo

Ashkan Eshaghbeigi

Old 01-29-2010 at 08:33 AM   #121
ash0000

Liked: 41 Times

Thanks for the post and for the support Liam.

If anyone is wondering where I am today, Fridays are my busiest school day, so I wont be campaigning much or holding doors open today. I might get my team on it though.
Old 01-31-2010 at 09:17 AM   #122
ash0000

I will be in commons for breakfast, then the gym, then Thode all day if anyone wishes to speak to me.
Old 01-31-2010 at 09:47 AM   #123
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0000 View Post
I will be in commons for breakfast, then the gym, then Thode all day if anyone wishes to speak to me.
Don't you mean stalk you?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

TheMaster likes this.
Old 02-01-2010 at 01:16 PM   #124
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Yay! We had matching lunches today from the Made in Japan place!
Old 02-01-2010 at 04:57 PM   #125
ash0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Don't you mean stalk you?
That too...
Old 02-01-2010 at 04:58 PM   #126
ash0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Yay! We had matching lunches today from the Made in Japan place!
<3 Chicken or beef teriyaki... or both.
Old 02-01-2010 at 05:11 PM   #127
C0C0

Liked: 1 Time

I would just like to say thanks on the excellent quality of door service today especially since my hands were full!

opening doors> singing.

ash0000 says thanks to C0C0 for this post.

McIntyre likes this.
Old 02-01-2010 at 08:30 PM   #128
ash0000

I'm glad you think so
Old 02-02-2010 at 06:45 AM   #129
TheMaster

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0C0 View Post
opening doors> singing.
I wouldn't mind hearing some musical skills. Maybe play a one-man version of a system of a down song at that acoustic dealy after the debate tonight
Old 02-02-2010 at 09:33 PM   #130
ash0000

I just wanted to remind everyone to come out and vote tomorrow and Thursday!

Thank you to everyone who has shown support and feedback. I appreciate all of it, this campaign has been challenging and fun!

Polling stations are listed below:

Arts & Science: The Commons Lobby

Commerce: DeGroote School of Business (DSB)

Engineering: John Hodgins (JHE) Lobby

Health Sciences: Ewart Angus Lobby

Humanities: Mills Library Lobby

Kinesiology: David Braley Athletic Centre (DBAC)

Nursing: Ewart Angus Lobby

Science: Burke Science Building (BSB)

Social Science: Student Centre Atrium (MUSC)
Old 02-03-2010 at 07:35 AM   #131
nick1988

Liked: 16 Times

Alright,
I want to preface this comment by saying I am ash's campaign manager and I will not for one second claim otherwise!

That being said there is something HUGE that I think got brushed under the rug yesterday. I discussed with on-lookers at the debate and they were extremely frustrated about this. During the debate yesterday every campaign team was taking up a full table, some even TWO at commons. This is at a time when first years are trying to eat!!! Before answering his first question Ash asked that all the candidates teams move out of seats so we could get first years a little more involved since everyone is preaching that this year. NO ONE MOVED!!! Then Vishal Tiwari, MSU President, asked by referring to egos as to why each campaign team was taking up first year seating. Every candidate came up with an excuse instead of acknowledging the criticism and telling their teams to move!!! Ash was the last to answer and said this: "This debate is not for campaign teams. This campaign has been about me and that's what it should be! My campaign reflects my beliefs and I have kept it small for that reason. I will answer this question simply... Can my campaign team please raise their hand. (I raised my hand and I was the only one) I rest my case."
Think of this what you will and I will no doubt take a hit for making these claims but I will NOT stand here as hypocrisy goes unnoticed and a lack of class is shown to all the first years as we sit in their dinner area!!!

Thanks,
Nick Bray (I am leaving my name up here to not hide behind anything!!!)

andrew22 says thanks to nick1988 for this post.

Old 02-03-2010 at 08:28 AM   #132
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Don't forget to vote ash today!
Old 02-03-2010 at 08:46 AM   #133
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Heading to Mills after my classes to vote Ash.

Last year I lived in residence so I happened to go to Commons for dinner and the Commons debate was on and it was essentially the same thing. I wanted to eat and check out the debate but I couldn't find a good spot. All the tables in the front were filled with campaign team members. It was super irritating.
Old 02-03-2010 at 08:59 AM   #134
Mr. Pink

Liked: 14 Times

I really like the way Ash's campaign team has handled various situations throughout the campaign. Great work guys. Vote won. Made an Insider's account just to post this
Old 02-03-2010 at 12:57 PM   #135
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Grrr, I can't vote today b/c for the second time in 2 weeks I left my keys in my other sweater. Its annoying for me b/c I need the key to get into my program's lab and now its annoying b/c I intended on voting today and now I don't have my student card on me.

Thankfully there are two days of voting so I will be double checking for my keys/student card tomorrow morning and heading to Mills during my break.

On another note I got to experience another great part of Ash's campaign today, the door holding thing. I think its a great way for him to get himself out there, and he and his team member who was holding another door were very nice. Thumbs up guys.