MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Getting That Part-Time Job Chad Jobs & Employment Tips 10 04-27-2009 03:23 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Getting That Part-Time Job Chad Volunteering Opportunities 2 08-13-2007 11:08 PM

asking again.. anyone part-time or know about it??

Old 09-13-2009 at 06:48 PM   #1
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

asking again.. anyone part-time or know about it??
I've seen lots of information on finding OSAP information and picking it up. But can anyone help me with PTCSL? (Part-Time Canada Student Loan).

I was told it doesn't show up like ODSP online, but will arrive snail mail. Not a word so far. Anybody out there familiar with this type of funding who can maybe give me some insight on how long it takes, etc? Anyone know about being a part-time student just in general? Thanks
Old 09-17-2009 at 03:58 PM   #2
soltintal

am answering my own question in case anyone else comes here looking for similar information.

1. PTCSL/G acceptance was mailed from Mac Sept 14th arrived snail mail next day

2. take form to financial aid office for additional forms (take student card, SIN and ID like driver's license)

3. have banking information - branch #, transit #, acct. # or voided blank cheque

4. fill out second set of forms and take to post office in titles bookstore

5. wait for $$ (they say about 8 - 10 business days)
Old 09-17-2009 at 04:03 PM   #3
soltintal

oh yeah and...

make sure you check out the part-time studies office in the student centre. They have lounge area, computers you can work on, photocopier... just walk in.

they also have a number of good remedial lectures: "university 101" to figure out Mac in general, as well as ones for essay writing, etc.

finally, they DO send out a fall "welcome" package but it's somewhat after the fact so by the time it arrives, if you're like me, you'll have already figured out a lot of things yourself (and with very friendly help from other students and staff!!!)