MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't attend chem 1e03 tutorials :S Ish001 Academics 3 09-14-2010 10:01 PM
Is it a problem having tutorials before lectures for a class? ShesTheMan Academics 2 08-10-2010 09:46 PM
Labs and Tutorials LivLucy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 07-14-2010 06:16 PM
Labs and Tutorials... Richa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-07-2008 10:19 AM

Attend different lectures, tutorials and labs?

Old 08-15-2011 at 09:38 AM   #1
GB123

Liked: 2 Times

Attend different lectures, tutorials and labs?
I was wondering, are you allowed to attend a different lecture/tutorial/lab (that's not on your time table) in case you miss one or for any other reason you might have?
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:39 AM   #2
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

lecture yes, tutorial maybe, lab no

GB123 says thanks to Awesomeness for this post.
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:58 AM   #3
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

If you miss a lab, it might be possible to make it up but you'll need to get permission. I've had people from other labs come into mine before, but this really depends on the instructional assistant (or who ever is in charge for the labs)... this was on the rare occasion though!

GB123 says thanks to Ivan Q. for this post.
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:01 AM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

k the way it works is that you're not SUPOSSED to since lecture halls can only fit in a certain # of people and you'd be taking someone's seat who IS registered in that lecture. But I've only noticed this problem with chem. Most cores have a few extra seats left so it's usually not a big deal if you do it on occasion.

as for tutorial, depends on the course. If there's anything that counts for marks, then you have to attend your own tutorial. You're always welcome to atttend extra tutorials in case you didn't understand the first time.

and as for labs, nope. Attend your own, and your own alone. If you miss it, there are usually make-up lab sessions at the end of the semester, or something can be arranged in the same week if you contact the lab TA as soon as possible.

hope that helps.

GB123 says thanks to ikantsepll for this post.

-Ish-, IqzFendi like this.