MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Econ 1bb3, Hlth Age 1bb3, Linguist 1a03 waldo92 Academics 4 09-17-2010 10:42 PM
Attending other lectures waldo92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-31-2010 02:49 PM
First-Year Academic Success - Part 1: Attending Lectures Chad First Year Academic Success 13 09-10-2007 06:45 PM
First year science tests – Part 1 (Attending Lectures) paul Academics 2 09-03-2007 11:41 AM

Attending ECON 1BB3 Lectures?

Old 12-23-2008 at 03:32 PM   #1
Kurt_

Liked: 0 Times

Attending ECON 1BB3 Lectures?
Well, long story short, first year engineering electives suck balls.

So I'm stuck with ECON 1BB3, since it's a piece of pie. However, I'd have to miss two out of three lectures every week.

Now, last semester, the one that just ended, I had microeconomics, and truthfully, the lectures taught me little. Does first year macroeconomics have online notes/lectures and the likes? (I learned a good 80-90% of the material outside of lectures using the lecture notes). Is there any "I-clicker" participation marks?

Any alternate electives suggestions would also be nice, I'd be willing to work around things to a degree, but I have 11:30-12:20 and 1:30-2:20 free every day except Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.

Last edited by kokosas : 12-23-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2008 at 05:07 PM   #2
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

In that course (my teacher was O'shaughnessy) or something like that, she uploaded ALL her lectures online. Sometimes it took a few days to upload, but they all got up there.
The iclicker participation marks I don't know if they exist, think its just a guage to see if the class understands the topic, and if they do, she can move on. My teacher did NOT upload her lecture notes, only the lecture video, but on the whole, class was pretty much a breeze, and if you can do basic math, and pay attention to your lecture (online/offline) you will do fine.
Old 12-23-2008 at 09:54 PM   #3
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

The iClicker counts nothing in macroeconomics. And there are podcast videos online. To me, the lectures are somewhat useful. I took notes from the lecture and even used that for revision for final. The Powerpoint isn't great though. But together with lecturer's explanation, you'll learn something at least.
Old 12-24-2008 at 05:42 PM   #4
spyder83

Liked: 7 Times

I had Sengupta or something like that and I went to about 3 lectures all year and finished with a B+. Might have done better if i did go to more classes, but the point is, if you miss a bunch you can still do fairly well.

Last edited by spyder83 : 12-24-2008 at 05:45 PM.