MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long time user; first time poster Kaan Introduce Yourself 1 09-05-2011 05:54 PM
part time vs full time TA RyanB Academics 0 07-20-2011 01:49 PM
Switching from Full Time to Part Time Chris094 Academics 2 01-19-2011 09:22 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

on avg... what time do you go to bed

Old 11-03-2011 at 10:41 PM   #61
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Yeah bro, I love how half of us are upset that we can't wake up early enough, and the other half are upset that they don't have enough time for sleep.

And waking up at 7:30? That's still not bad. My body winds down by 11:30pm, but I'm lucky if I get up before 9:45am.

When you "sleep less" are you talking about 6-8 hours? For a lot of people, that is their optimal sleep amount, and they function rather well. For most people 10 hours is too much. Sleeping that much can make you drowsy and groggy.

Try to find an optimal amount of sleep and stick to that. Maybe write down or keep in your head the times you go to sleep and wake up for a few days, and see which times felt good / when you woke up alert.

Of course, things like coffee and even when you ate your dinner/what you ate will affect how you feel so it won't be perfect but it may help you find your ideal sleep time/pattern.
yeah, I eat dinner pretty late. This could be a major factor.

Last edited by jon.john23 : 11-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2011 at 11:03 PM   #62
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
I've adopted a polyphasic sleep schedule. I sleep 2 times per day for 2 hours each time. 2 AM - 4 AM and 2 PM - 4 PM.
I'm in the process of adopting one. Maybe 3 x 2-hr naps. How do feel usually? Also do you work out regularly?
Old 11-04-2011 at 10:59 PM   #63
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

usually between 1-2am
Old 11-05-2011 at 03:23 AM   #64
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

for me, less than 6 hours gaurantees I won't be drowsy. I'll just feel like a reawakened zombie with a stiff jaw.
more than 6 hours but less than 8 hours, then I start to doze off.
more than 8 hours, and I have an extremely hard time getting up, but I'm good for the rest of the day.

I think everyone has this kind of range where you get not enough, just enough, and too much sleep.
Old 11-05-2011 at 03:24 AM   #65
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
I consider that to be a bit moot when that sleep wasn't actually obtained during the night...but then, that's just me. xD

We'd actually have to do a whole study to really make sure.
lol, they already did studies. we learned about this in cognition, remember? (or was it animal behaviour?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
What i found is that i have slowly been getting less and less sleep, and am still able to function fine as long as its gradual. at the beginning of the year, if i got less then 8 hours id be dead, and now at 6.5 hours of sleep (going to bed at 1am ish) im wide awake for my 8:30 class
It wouldn't matter if I got 14+ hours of sleep. I'd still fall asleep in an 8:30 class. especially if it's in TSH 120 with the lights dimmed x|

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-05-2011 at 09:24 AM   #66
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
I'm in the process of adopting one. Maybe 3 x 2-hr naps. How do feel usually? Also do you work out regularly?
I feel very with-it. I walk 12-14 kilometers per day.

Afzal says thanks to ZSimon for this post.