MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My talk with b.tech chairman and academic advisor (reinstatement issue$ gongshow Academics 0 06-08-2010 03:21 PM
B.Tech to a P.Eng? Lolisuck First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 05-24-2010 07:41 PM
Mac Tech Tips Chad Technology 11 07-19-2009 01:39 AM
B.Tech :D insertname First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-30-2009 11:37 PM
Virginia Tech Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-17-2007 12:18 AM

B-Tech and Eng I Reinstatement

Old 06-25-2011 at 06:45 PM   #1
TruthTalk

Liked: 0 Times

B-Tech and Eng I Reinstatement
Hello, I am finished my first year in Eng I and did not do so great. Most of the problem was an anxiety problem which was quite severe, followed by clinical depression as a result. I have to apply for reinstatement according to Sally. I recently wrote my letter and was wondering what the chances are to get in. I also attached a doctors note which I got from my physician. I also need to know, how to apply to B-Tech instead of Eng I, or can I apply to both. Finally, what average do I need to get into Eng II ( I want to do electrical ) if I am a B-Tech student. Please let me know.

Thank you
Old 06-25-2011 at 07:15 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
Hello, I am finished my first year in Eng I and did not do so great. Most of the problem was an anxiety problem which was quite severe, followed by clinical depression as a result. I have to apply for reinstatement according to Sally. I recently wrote my letter and was wondering what the chances are to get in. I also attached a doctors note which I got from my physician. I also need to know, how to apply to B-Tech instead of Eng I, or can I apply to both. Finally, what average do I need to get into Eng II ( I want to do electrical ) if I am a B-Tech student. Please let me know.

Thank you
You cannot switch from BTech to Eng 2. Electrical has random requirements each year (as does any other stream) in the range of 4.0-6.0, but, thats only for Eng I students going into Eng 2.

If your average was >2.0 you should be able to get reinstated into btech
Old 06-26-2011 at 03:23 PM   #3
TruthTalk

Liked: 0 Times

Cool, i actually heard of someone going into 2nd year Chem Eng, from BTech, he had an 11.2 :S