MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got back my first quiz. How bad did I do? adt92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 65 10-10-2010 03:44 PM
Going back to (Med) School samikas Academics 22 07-21-2009 12:26 AM
And We're Back! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 21 06-29-2009 02:47 AM
When do we come back? J-Met General Discussion 2 12-30-2008 11:59 PM
We'll be back soon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-12-2006 09:54 PM

back to back classes?

Old 08-17-2008 at 04:45 PM   #31
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Each program is different. Generally, you will do the lab prep before the lab. Chem is usually more difficult in this area, requiring you to answer several pre-lab questions beforehand.

With the extra time, it's not a lot. You're supposed to finish everything by the end of the 3 hours. TAs are usually not that mean and they'll let you take a bit longer to finish your report. Not like 20 minutes more, but some time. If it's a long lab, sometimes everyone's given 30 minutes more, like the spectrometer lab near the end of the year. (I can't remember if 1A03/1AA3 uses those). The whole time in the lab, you are able to consult with everyone and ask questions. Many times I was totally lost, and people helped me figure out what to do. The worst is when halfway through, you make a mistake or screw up your titration and whatnot. In some cases, you are not able to just keep going at the same point because you need accurate results. Then you either choose to start all over again or join up with another person. Those were stressful....I don't remember having many problems like that in first year though, mainly second year.

Everything is due at the end of the lab. Except for your very last lab which is a two-part lab, if they've kept the same course outline. The last one is a big write-up where you are given a couple days to type up and hand it in after the labs.

Cristina_n13, Joey all say thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-18-2008 at 12:07 AM   #32
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Haha, i have 1 lab,2 cores, and 2 tutorials backtobacktobacktobac ktoback.

8 hours of class in a row. Excuse me while i go blow up the registrar.
Old 08-18-2008 at 08:53 AM   #33
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Wow, did you try switching stuff around?
Old 08-19-2008 at 06:33 PM   #34
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Reno V,

I'm going to guess that you're an engineering student...? It's hard to avoid long days of class if you are one, since you guys have to take 37 units vs. 30 units for everyone else. I saw the schedule of my engineering friend when he was in first year, and he had some pretty brutal Thursdays (just like your schedule: something like 8 hours in a row).

Last edited by nh999 : 08-19-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:10 PM   #35
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

yepp im in humanities and i have 4 back to back lectures with a tutorial .. not looking forward to that !
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:30 PM   #36
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
yepp im in humanities and i have 4 back to back lectures with a tutorial .. not looking forward to that !
Yeah, 5 hours of class in a row can be brutal... make sure to bring snacks and water!
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:59 PM   #37
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

I have 2 day with 7 hrs of class each with 3 hrs lab and the rest of the days are each 4hrs back to back.