MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Vs Off Campus mfattal Residence & Housing 21 09-19-2010 01:52 AM
From off-campus to residence. _Luu_ Residence & Housing 9 01-12-2010 05:26 PM
DC++ On Campus (Not residence) Pay919 General Discussion 21 09-17-2009 05:16 PM
Query regarding off campus residence.. kanishka Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 30 06-29-2009 04:54 PM
Best residence room on campus? watchword General Discussion 8 12-03-2007 10:59 AM

Best Residence on campus?

Old 07-09-2009 at 10:51 PM   #31
florencem.

Liked: 34 Times

I <3 McKay Hall!
Old 07-09-2009 at 10:53 PM   #32
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I <3 ALL halls but there is a reason why I chose to live in whidden for the THIRD time. But seriously, I am unbiased and love alllllllll residences. Residence life is way awesome!
Old 07-10-2009 at 06:45 AM   #33
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
I <3 ALL halls but there is a reason why I chose to live in whidden for the THIRD time. But seriously, I am unbiased and love alllllllll residences. Residence life is way awesome!

....isn't that the exact definition of a bias?

Why are we scared to say some are better than others on this site, or at least state our favourites? Surely someone will come to each rez's defense...
Old 07-10-2009 at 07:19 AM   #34
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
....isn't that the exact definition of a bias?

Why are we scared to say some are better than others on this site, or at least state our favourites? Surely someone will come to each rez's defense...
It's in my job description to be unbiased.
As VP Communications I am unbiased but as a student at large I'm a Whiddenite for life. I'm not scared to say which are better than others I'm just not allowed to.
Old 07-10-2009 at 04:32 PM   #35
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

But we're barely even talking about advantages of certain residences!

I just feel like saying EVERYTHING IS AWESOME is not helpful.
Old 07-10-2009 at 06:58 PM   #36
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
But we're barely even talking about advantages of certain residences!

I just feel like saying EVERYTHING IS AWESOME is not helpful.
Edwards is pretty much in the middle of campus... If you have classes in BSB or the Arts Quad it's REALLY awesome.
Old 07-10-2009 at 07:15 PM   #37
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Edwards is pretty much in the middle of campus... If you have classes in BSB or the Arts Quad it's REALLY awesome.
Sigh.. I don't like the fact that Moulton and the other North Quad residence buildings are soo far from the centre of campus :( and all my classes. So that's definitely a disadvantage.
Old 07-10-2009 at 09:39 PM   #38
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Sigh.. I don't like the fact that Moulton and the other North Quad residence buildings are soo far from the centre of campus :( and all my classes. So that's definitely a disadvantage.
Moulton is in West Quad! And honestly... its a 3 minute walk to the center of campus. I've lived in Wallingford for the past two years and sometimes I would wake up at 8:20 for an 8:30 and make it to the arts quad with time to spare. If you're headed to BSB it would take you even less time. Moulton is RIGHT behind Wallingford so you'll be fine next year Sara!

No one needs to worry about making big treks across campus just because you're in a certain rez. Nothing is more than a 15 minute walk (and thats if you're super slow!)
Old 07-10-2009 at 09:51 PM   #39
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

I was in Bates last year.

It was perfect for antisocials.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:12 PM   #40
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:callen:. View Post
Moulton is in West Quad! And honestly... its a 3 minute walk to the center of campus. I've lived in Wallingford for the past two years and sometimes I would wake up at 8:20 for an 8:30 and make it to the arts quad with time to spare. If you're headed to BSB it would take you even less time. Moulton is RIGHT behind Wallingford so you'll be fine next year Sara!

No one needs to worry about making big treks across campus just because you're in a certain rez. Nothing is more than a 15 minute walk (and thats if you're super slow!)
Ohh Oops Thanks Callen! I just assumed that the online map of McMaster was facing North. Thanks! I'm glad Mac's campus isn't as big as other places like U of T's (where I get lost all the time ) but I guess it's just the panicking from having two required classes that are back-to-back in buildings that are a bit far from one another, and all are away from my res building.
15 minutes doesn't sound too bad. Thanks Callen, you gave me hop that it might be do-able after all