MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I take Bio 2b03 or 2c03? SandraM Academics 5 09-16-2010 03:59 PM
Psych 2aa3, 2ap3, 2b03, 2c03 BDiplock63 Academics 27 06-16-2010 06:34 AM
Reviews for Envir Sci 2C03, 2W03 and 2B03 shirvan05 Academics 4 06-11-2009 11:11 PM
Humanities 2C03/Intoto Logic 2B03 Goce Academics 6 06-18-2008 07:18 PM

BIO 2A03, 2B03, 2C03... what were they like??

Old 06-30-2009 at 09:54 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
Definitely agree about 2EE3 and 2F03 .. definitely two of the easier 2nd year courses for people who like to take bio/biochem courses, haha. All you have to do is memorize the lectures and it's a guaranteed A for 2EE3 (there's a lot of material though so hopefully you are good at memorizing, he also asks the most RANDOM questions ever lol). 2F03 requires a little more thinking, and silly labs/tutorials that involve skits or playing games. The skits were fun, we made costumes out of cardboard. I got to pretend to be an albatross grieving over the loss of its two baby albatrosses that choked on plastic. It was epic. Anyway, there was one midterm, labs (that were more like tutorials), and the exam. I will be honest, I went to maybe 3 or 4 lectuers in the beginning, and never showed up again (it is extremely boring in my opinion), but everything seemed to be tested right out of the lecture notes, and I read the textbook to expand on stuff in the lectures. If you want 2 easy-ish courses with a fairly light workload, take 2EE3 and 2F03!!
I hope the costumes aren't marked on... that would be very biased to creative people that are good with their hands. Lol. If I had to make an albatross, it would be a bunch of cubes put together >.>
Old 07-01-2009 at 12:30 AM   #17
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I hope the costumes aren't marked on... that would be very biased to creative people that are good with their hands. Lol. If I had to make an albatross, it would be a bunch of cubes put together >.>
Trust me, they were very low quality presentations. The "regurgitated food" consisted of shredded paper, and a water bottle that randomly popped outo f the neck of my sweater. My "costume" was a paper stuck to my shirt with tape, that said "Mommy Albatross". Our "set" consisted of papers that we stuck to the blackboard using magnets, that said "In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean", and "Back at the nest". We resented the people who actually put effort into their costumes/skits =P.
Old 07-01-2009 at 12:31 AM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Trust me, they were very low quality presentations. The "regurgitated food" consisted of shredded paper, and a water bottle that randomly popped outo f the neck of my sweater. My "costume" was a paper stuck to my shirt with tape, that said "Mommy Albatross". Our "set" consisted of papers that we stuck to the blackboard using magnets, that said "In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean", and "Back at the nest". We resented the people who actually put effort into their costumes/skits =P.
Lol, sounds pretty jokes.
Old 07-01-2009 at 01:20 AM   #19
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Definitely agree about 2EE3 and 2F03 .. definitely two of the easier 2nd year courses for people who like to take bio/biochem courses, haha. All you have to do is memorize the lectures and it's a guaranteed A for 2EE3 (there's a lot of material though so hopefully you are good at memorizing, he also asks the most RANDOM questions ever lol). 2F03 requires a little more thinking, and silly labs/tutorials that involve skits or playing games. The skits were fun, we made costumes out of cardboard. I got to pretend to be an albatross grieving over the loss of its two baby albatrosses that choked on plastic. It was epic. Anyway, there was one midterm, labs (that were more like tutorials), and the exam. I will be honest, I went to maybe 3 or 4 lectuers in the beginning, and never showed up again (it is extremely boring in my opinion), but everything seemed to be tested right out of the lecture notes, and I read the textbook to expand on stuff in the lectures. If you want 2 easy-ish courses with a fairly light workload, take 2EE3 and 2F03!!
lol for 2f03, I really wanted to play a song or do an interpretive dance (my suggestions for each presentation) but my group members were not up to doing that, but we made biology plays and did dramatic monologues in costume as well, the presentations were fun. I think the TA's appreciate creative presentations for that course

Last edited by sinthusized : 07-01-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:09 PM   #20
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

Anybody taken Bio 2C03 with Dudley? I have no choice but to take it with her and have heard nothing but awful things about her.
Old 07-02-2009 at 03:26 PM   #21
batman

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin90 View Post
Anybody taken Bio 2C03 with Dudley? I have no choice but to take it with her and have heard nothing but awful things about her.
Dudley is teaching 2C03? Genetics? The entire course? WOW, that seems terrible. She is not a geneticist, my understanding is that Dr Dudley's research and areas of interest are in plants and ecology.

When I had her in Bio 1AA3 (1M03 for some of you), she was a very poor lecturer, extremely disorganized. She had no lecture notes to post or anything, and in lecture she just kind of talks, with no purpose.

Why don't you have a choice about it? Do you know what happened to Dr Dej and Dr Campos teaching it, as they did last year?
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:03 PM   #22
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Probably meant 2D03. Which I heard wasn't that bad as Dudley actually cared about what she was teaching.
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:21 PM   #23
chugaucon

Liked: 11 Times

Dr. Dudley is indeed teaching Bio 2C03 next year 1st term, but you can take it with Dr. Dej in 2nd term if you like.
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:53 PM   #24
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

i went out of my way to get it 2nd term with Dr. Dej. Dr. Dudley is not THAT bad, but her handwriting is TERRIBLE, and her lecture postings will likely be useless...if you have a choice go with Dr. Dej.
Old 07-02-2009 at 08:05 PM   #25
batman

Liked: 6 Times

I highly suggest trying to take it with Dr Dej. Genetics can get a bit dry (in my opinion), and Dr Dej taught Genetics well.

And yeah, Dudley loves the stuff she researches etc. Guess thats true for all professors.
Old 07-02-2009 at 09:22 PM   #26
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

I can't take it second term because it conflicts with Psych 2RB3
Old 07-02-2009 at 09:31 PM   #27
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I don't understand the Dudley hate.

I mean, I love Kim Dej as a prof, but Dudley isn't bad. I think Campos who taught it 2 years ago was a lot worst :\
Old 07-02-2009 at 10:45 PM   #28
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Campos teaching = instant nap
Old 07-03-2009 at 12:56 AM   #29
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

DEFINITELY NOT A FAN OF CAMPOS.

Dej > Dudley > Campos

Dudley isn't bad, and I think her tests are straight forward, with no tricks. But I had a hard time concentrating in class with Campos .. hard to understand what she's saying, and I didn't like the way she explained things.
Old 07-03-2009 at 08:41 AM   #30
chugaucon

Liked: 11 Times

Agree, Dudley is not a bad prof at all and she's actually very nice. The wordings on her tests are sometimes confusing but they are very straight forward.