MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biology 1A03 vs. 1M03 fashionqueen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-09-2010 05:35 PM
Biology 1A03 & 1M03 mac-gal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-15-2009 09:33 AM

Biology 1A03/1M03 on SOLAR

Old 08-11-2008 at 08:24 AM   #1
hello395

Biology 1A03/1M03 on SOLAR
Whenever I tried to change my core, tutorial, and lab, it doesn't let me. For example, when I change my core, and then go on to select a lab, it gives me my desired lab but deletes my previously selected core. Anyone having the same problem?
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:27 AM   #2
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

when i tried getting those courses - no. i don't really know why it's doing that for you.. maybe try clicking the SELECT one all over (like the dropdown menu for term or something.) might work. (if i explained it right lol)

says thanks to aya017 for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:29 AM   #3
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

omg yes same problem !!
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:37 AM   #4
Mel.L

Liked: Liked 2 Times

What i did was choose my course, then click modify, then lab, then modify. For biology, the lab + tut must be the same number ... so the tutorial will then appear automatically. Then click modify again to save all the changes.

I don't know if that'll work for you :S.. goodluck though

says thanks to Mel.L for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:40 AM   #5
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

ohh i see
man that sucks.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:57 AM   #6
hello395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel.L View Post
What i did was choose my course, then click modify, then lab, then modify. For biology, the lab + tut must be the same number ... so the tutorial will then appear automatically. Then click modify again to save all the changes.

I don't know if that'll work for you :S.. goodluck though
Ohh, that explains it. I didn't think the lab and tutorial had to be the same number becuase they gave the option of checking all the tutorials in the drop down menu. Okay, now it worked. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:59 AM   #7
hello395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin90 View Post
omg yes same problem !!
Try selecting your lab first, and then your core and tutorial (the lab and tutorial must be the same number (e.g. L56 AND T56). It should work. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2008 at 12:16 PM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

its the same number b/c these are EOW, and occur around the same time. so one week you will get tutorial one week you will get your lab. so its easier to help them organize everyone. hope that makes sense.
Old 08-11-2008 at 02:23 PM   #9
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva C View Post
its the same number b/c these are EOW, and occur around the same time. so one week you will get tutorial one week you will get your lab. so its easier to help them organize everyone. hope that makes sense.
why didn't anyone tell me this before???

I've prepared my own timetable and i thought it doesn't have to have the same numbers... wtheck... so not fair..
Old 08-11-2008 at 02:53 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Well, it should be a lot easier now that you know they have the be the same number. They occur at the same time interval this way. So you don't need an extra place to put your tutorial.
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:16 PM   #11
Eva C
Elite Member

its hard to tell which ones HAVE TO BE THE SAME NUMBER and which ones dont'. you generally don't know until you get to switch it around or if you look at your timetable and you see that hte lab and tutorial have the same number..
but i rmb one time, it was the same number, but it was just a coincidence and i could still switch lab/tutorial numbers around..

and like jhan523 said, it should be easier now
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:19 PM   #12
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

No. this doesn't make sense

For Biology 1A03
L26 Wednesday 8:30 - 11:30 AM
T26 Wednesday 9:30 - 10:20 AM

If you said they have to be on the same number, then please tell me how on Earth can you fathom the fact that L26 and T26 HAVE to be paired up and at the same time have to be conflicting?

And let's assume that they're EVERY OTHER WEEK and they're not conflicting, that STILL doesn't change SOLAR's logic of them conflicting ! I currently have that L26 and T26 and SOLAR keeps telling me to change them BUT I CANT since APPARENTLY there's a "BUG" around which they could not FIX right away. or as you guys put it, "they need to have the same number" </sarcasm>/

Seriously, I'm tired of McMaster's ****ed up system.
Old 08-11-2008 at 04:07 PM   #13
Eva C
Elite Member

are you sure SOLAR is saying that they are conflicting?? does it say like "THIS IS A CONFLICT?" cause from all the other timetable's i've seen posted, everyone is fine.
if its conflict, it would be a ORANGE BOX listing "** CONFLICT**" on it when you look at your timetable.

it should just have them listed in the same "time block" and have EOW on them.
one week you have lab, then the following week you have the tutorial.
Old 08-11-2008 at 05:04 PM   #14
Mel.L

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWithMac View Post
No. this doesn't make sense

For Biology 1A03
L26 Wednesday 8:30 - 11:30 AM
T26 Wednesday 9:30 - 10:20 AM

If you said they have to be on the same number, then please tell me how on Earth can you fathom the fact that L26 and T26 HAVE to be paired up and at the same time have to be conflicting?

And let's assume that they're EVERY OTHER WEEK and they're not conflicting, that STILL doesn't change SOLAR's logic of them conflicting ! I currently have that L26 and T26 and SOLAR keeps telling me to change them BUT I CANT since APPARENTLY there's a "BUG" around which they could not FIX right away. or as you guys put it, "they need to have the same number" </sarcasm>/

Seriously, I'm tired of McMaster's ****ed up system.

I'm actually placed in Bio 1a03 L26 and T 26 and am having no issues with conflicts. It is EOW so one week it is the lab, the next week it is a tutorial. You plan your schedule so it fits around the lab time ... and the tutorial fits within the time of the lab.