MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
genetics biology 2c03 jangh2 Academics 3 08-13-2010 11:51 AM
biology(physiology spec) or biology(molec bio and genetics) shreya s. General Discussion 3 06-20-2009 11:01 PM

Biology 2A03 (ANIMALS PHYSIOLOGY ) with Biology 2C03 (GENETICS)??

Old 12-24-2009 at 10:29 AM   #1
iki_31
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Biology 2A03 (ANIMALS PHYSIOLOGY ) with Biology 2C03 (GENETICS)??
Should I take
INTEGRATIVE PHYSIOLOGY OF ANIMALS (Biology 2A03) and Genetics (Biology 2C03) (GENETICS) In the same term???

I heard Biology 2A03 is HARD , but

Dr. Dej is teaching Genetics next term, and Biology 2A03 is taught by Wilson and Nurse....

Next term My courses are :

1. Genetics
2. Social psych (Thinking of changing it to animal phys)
3. Physics 1BB3
4. Environmental life science (Life Sci 2H03)
5. Sensory processes (Psych 2E03) - (Thinking of changing to Life Sci 2C03 - neural communications)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE WHETHER TO TAKE ANIMAL PHYS THE SAME TIME I AM TAKING GENETICS ... AND WHAT COURSE TO CHANGE SO I CAN GET A HIGHHHHHH GPA!!!

thanks.
Old 12-24-2009 at 10:38 AM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Genetics is easy enough that it shouldn't matter, I'd definitely be more worried about 1BB3.

I haven't taken Bio 2A03 yet (I'll be in your class next semester if you take it ), but if you liked Dr. Wilson's teaching style from first year, I would assume that's a good sign.
Old 12-24-2009 at 10:46 AM   #3
iki_31
Account Disabled by User

Worry about Physics... how come? I actually heard 1BB3 isnt so bad..

I am not worried about Genetics... but I feel it will be a lot of work if I take that with sensory processes and physics.... (workload)...

I want to take Bio 2A03... but I dont want to screw up my GPA...
Old 12-24-2009 at 11:18 AM   #4
shockalot

Liked: 11 Times

I'm taking Bio 2A03 next sem as well - is it really as hard as everyone's saying?...
As for Life Sci 2C03 - I've been trying to get into it from September and no luck, stick with what you have until you get a spot haha
Social Psych is a lot of fun, Dr. O is great! However her tests are kinda hard and you have to attend every class!
Old 12-24-2009 at 12:00 PM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I dunno, maybe Physics is just a scarier thought for me. I didn't take 1BB3, but it seems like the work would be more for that class than for Genetics.
Old 12-24-2009 at 12:04 PM   #6
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

i have 2A03, 2B03, 2C03 all in this upcoming term...i love biology...haha its gonna be a fuun semester
Old 12-24-2009 at 12:17 PM   #7
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

You're dropping Psych 2C03? I've REALLY been wanting to take that but it's full :(.
Old 12-24-2009 at 01:31 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
i have 2A03, 2B03, 2C03 all in this upcoming term...i love biology...haha its gonna be a fuun semester
Lol, I'm in the same boat as you but add Biochem 2EE3 and Orgo 2OB3. What FUN!
Old 12-24-2009 at 01:40 PM   #9
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

2A03 is really interesting ... its not that hard ... but I took it 2 years ago when McClelland taught it so I'm not really sure how much has changed since then. There are a few labs that you have to do but again they aren't that bad.

Also you should look at some future bio's you would like to take in 3rd or 4th year because 2A03 is listed as a prerequisite for some courses (3U03 and 3UU3 from what I can remember... maybe something else too)
Old 12-24-2009 at 02:36 PM   #10
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
dude or schedules are identical!..hello academic pain
Old 12-24-2009 at 03:24 PM   #11
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Damn...same story here but without the Biochem. I'm preparing myself for the pwnage that awaits.

Old 12-24-2009 at 06:58 PM   #12
precious

I took physics 1bb3 this semester and it was way easier than the 1b03.
Old 12-24-2009 at 07:03 PM   #13
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

I took BIO 2A03 with Wilson & McClelland last year.

McClelland was a great prof, but if Wilson was the only person teaching it, I probably wouldn't have come out with more than a 7. The definitely boosted the class average after the exam. The average for the first 2 midterms were in the low to mid 50s. It was interesting but Wilson kind of ruined it for me. The lab reports are extremely time consuming and hard to get good marks on.

Anyway, I ended up getting a 10, only because they bumped up the class average in the end. I was anticipating an 8. I did extremely badly on any questions that Wilson wrote, but got almost all of McClelland's questions right.

Assuming nothing has changed, I don't think there's any harm in taking 2A03 and 2C03 at the same time, even if you have physics too, BUT make sure your other 2 courses are EASY AND NOT TIME CONSUMING. If you really want to take animal phys then I think it's fine with 2C03 .. but you really should try to take lighter courses for the other 2 courses.

I also want to add, Ray Procwatt (the IA for both courses) is AWESOME!!! I love that man.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents about the courses .. I'm sure other people have different opinions.
Old 12-24-2009 at 07:18 PM   #14
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
I took BIO 2A03 with Wilson & McClelland last year.

McClelland was a great prof, but if Wilson was the only person teaching it, I probably wouldn't have come out with more than a 7. The definitely boosted the class average after the exam. The average for the first 2 midterms were in the low to mid 50s. It was interesting but Wilson kind of ruined it for me. The lab reports are extremely time consuming and hard to get good marks on.

Anyway, I ended up getting a 10, only because they bumped up the class average in the end. I was anticipating an 8. I did extremely badly on any questions that Wilson wrote, but got almost all of McClelland's questions right.

Assuming nothing has changed, I don't think there's any harm in taking 2A03 and 2C03 at the same time, even if you have physics too, BUT make sure your other 2 courses are EASY AND NOT TIME CONSUMING. If you really want to take animal phys then I think it's fine with 2C03 .. but you really should try to take lighter courses for the other 2 courses.

I also want to add, Ray Procwatt (the IA for both courses) is AWESOME!!! I love that man.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents about the courses .. I'm sure other people have different opinions.
Hey actually I think Wilson and Nurse are both teaching it (Not sure how it's going to be divided up)

And OP yeah 1bb3 physics would seem to be more of a worry for me. I'm taking bio 2a03/2c03 both next term and was kind of wondering that too though. By the way, I've read the reviews for psych 2e03 but i was wondering if people would count it a heavy course? Thanks!
Old 12-24-2009 at 08:42 PM   #15
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

i found bio 2a03 to not be too bad, as was already mentioned, 2 years ago when wilson + mclelland taught the marks were definitley bumped up..

that said, I wasnt a big fan of wilson, I know the first midterm avg was pretty horrid because wilson's questions tended to be extremely vague and wordy

overall, it was an interesting course though, can't say anything about nurse.

i found social psych REALLY interesting, but its really a hit and miss...if you do well on short answers and you've got a strong grasp on concepts presented in class you're set, if not this course can be tough.

side note: biochem 2ee3 is a total bird course, its pure regurgitation of the lecture notes and the tests are recycled, so if you get your hands on some past midterms you're all set!