Biology 2D03 and 2F03 Labs ShouldBeStudying Academics 2 09-15-2009 10:41 AM
Biology 2D03 vs. Bio 2F03 kute_lisa88 Academics 6 07-10-2009 11:59 AM

Biology 2F03

Old 06-16-2009 at 12:18 PM   #16
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Biology 2F03
This was a fairly easy course. It took it in summer 2009 with Dr. Kajiura and Dr. Wei. A lot of it was a review from Bio 1M03, most of it was common sense and a few new things.

Professors and Lecture Style

Dr. Kajiura taught her portions of the...

Last edited by sinthusized : 06-16-2009 at 12:34 PM.

all say thanks to sinthusized for this post.

like this.
Old 03-01-2011 at 09:04 PM   #15
dg1000

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggydoe View Post
Took it with Dr.Chow-Fraser in 2009/2010 first term

Prof/lectures
She said we should call her Pat instead of by her last name. She told us that we did not have to attend lectures. I liked how she made the point to say, don't come if you plan to talk through it and distract others that do want to listen. She pretty much read off the slides with stories here and there. She posted up practice questions with answers for every chapter and those questions were pretty much what made up the midterm and exam.

Textbook
Good for understanding diagrams. Through she puts all necessary study material on her slides, i found reading the text helped me remember some concepts cuz though the practice questions were on the midterm, she changed the wording of some.

Tutorial
3 of them were group project presentations. Somewhat interesting, brutal for me cuz it was 8:30. Make sure you participate cuz you get a mark based on that at the end of the term.
Same prof, and ya, just review over lecture notes and the posted practice questions and you'll be fine. (Textbook only useful for glossary and the Mark and Recapture equation)

Also, take a bit of time to work on the tutorials, they aren't hard just requires a bit of team work.
Old 03-05-2011 at 10:43 PM   #16
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times
So has anyone had Dr. Lyndsay Smith as their prof? How was she? I know she taught this last summer and I think her full name is Dr. Lyndsay Smith-Cartwright now?
Old 03-06-2011 at 05:25 PM   #17
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cheng View Post
So has anyone had Dr. Lyndsay Smith as their prof? How was she? I know she taught this last summer and I think her full name is Dr. Lyndsay Smith-Cartwright now?
this is the easiest course ever, it shouldnt matter who your prof is.
Old 06-10-2011 at 11:59 PM   #18
Dopematic

Liked: 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
My TA was Lyndsay Smith and she did a good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cheng View Post
Same person?
If it is, apparently she did a good job TA-ing, so hopefully she's a good prof too!
Old 09-08-2011 at 04:04 PM   #19
Annieloveedw

Liked: Liked 2 Times
do we need to buy a book for this course? [email protected]~~~

Do you guys think we need a book for this course?

Last edited by jhan523 : 09-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2011 at 12:40 PM   #20
neelyej

I would recommend buying the book because a lot of things gone over in class were done partially and it was pretty difficult to take great notes on it as sometimes the three hour lecture got a little boring. It helps to explain some concepts that are a little iffy in the notes

traveler10 says thanks to neelyej for this post.
Old 09-17-2011 at 09:58 PM   #21
traveler10

Liked: 51 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelyej View Post
I would recommend buying the book because a lot of things gone over in class were done partially and it was pretty difficult to take great notes on it as sometimes the three hour lecture got a little boring. It helps to explain some concepts that are a little iffy in the notes
what if i record her lectures? do i still need to buy the text?
Old 01-03-2012 at 01:11 PM   #22
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times
New prof now and she's makes harder tests. The exam was on many minor things that a person may not remember.

peanuts likes this.
Old 01-05-2012 at 04:21 PM   #23
ekrutz

Liked: 1 Time
I took this course this past semester (Fall 2011) with Dr. Cartwright. I thought most of the material was pretty interesting - however, there was quite a lot of material and I felt like the tests were not the best representation of the lecture material (there were many little details that I didn't think would be tested on....). Other than that, great course!
Old 01-11-2012 at 03:01 PM   #24
yasminosman

I agree, the tests were not a good representation of what the lecture material was about. She asked questions on little details that seemed insignificant when studying. I still ended up doing really well, since the tutorials and assignments were really easy to do get almost perfect on!

Last edited by jhan523 : 01-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2012 at 08:35 PM   #25
a.a27

was the exam for this course structured the same way testing on little details? I'm planning on taking this course next year but i'm not sure if i should
Old 06-08-2012 at 11:23 AM   #26
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times
Has anyone taken this course with Dr Kolasa?
Old 06-08-2012 at 03:37 PM   #27
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple2309 View Post
Has anyone taken this course with Dr Kolasa?
I don't think Kolasa has taught this course in the past few years. I had Chow-Fraser 2 years ago who taught it before then too, I believe and Dr. Cartwright taught it this year.

Purple2309 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-18-2012 at 03:30 PM   #28
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
So with Cartwright - textbook or no?
Old 07-18-2012 at 11:14 PM   #29
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times
hoping kolasa is good. i'm looking forward to these labs. nature walks ftw.

IqzFendi likes this.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search