MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
1st semester earth sci prof? twitterbird Academics 4 08-16-2010 12:49 PM
DR.DEJ !!! Prof of the SEMESTER!! aviaf Academics 2 03-31-2010 09:53 AM
Biology 2A03 (ANIMALS PHYSIOLOGY ) with Biology 2C03 (GENETICS)?? iki_31 Academics 23 12-24-2009 11:29 PM
Do Medical Schools care if I took 4 courses first semester, 5 courses 2nd semester... Arnold General Discussion 6 07-17-2009 03:30 PM

Biology Prof of the Semester!

Biology students, here's your chance to thank your biology prof for all of their hard work.

The nominees for the Kajiura-Stone-McIntosh award are:
1.Dr. Dej
2.Dr. Quinn
3.Dr. Wilson
4.Dr. Rollo
Click here to vote. Voting closes Wednesday March 24th, 2010 at 5pm!
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-22-2010 at 09:57 PM   #2
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times
dr. dej!

manu, SciMania, sinthusized like this.

Old 03-22-2010 at 10:03 PM   #3
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
hmm i have dr quin this term for 2g03 too. he's pretty cool also

Old 03-23-2010 at 10:32 AM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
I'm probably one of the only ones who'll be voting for Wilson :p But gosh do I love her.

Old 03-23-2010 at 11:21 AM   #5
marygold

Liked: 1 Time
I voted for Wilson as well , I think shes a really good prof.

Old 03-23-2010 at 01:00 PM   #6
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times
Dr. Wilson is nominated?? That's a shocker, last year a lot of people strongly disliked her when she taught 2A03. Especially when people realized her facebook was open and that she had written all sorts of "brutally honest" status updates about the class. I'm happy she's turned things around, it shows that she took our feedback seriously. I heard the 2A03 midterm averages are a lot higher this year =) and I'm very glad she was receptive to changing her ways!!!! Yay!!!!

But I'm voting for Dr Dej .. BEST PROF EVER!!!

SciMania likes this.

Old 03-23-2010 at 02:45 PM   #7
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
Dr. Wilson is nominated?? That's a shocker, last year a lot of people strongly disliked her when she taught 2A03. Especially when people realized her facebook was open and that she had written all sorts of "brutally honest" status updates about the class. I'm happy she's turned things around, it shows that she took our feedback seriously. I heard the 2A03 midterm averages are a lot higher this year =) and I'm very glad she was receptive to changing her ways!!!! Yay!!!!

But I'm voting for Dr Dej .. BEST PROF EVER!!!
What are some specific things she said about the class?

Old 03-23-2010 at 10:43 PM   #8
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
I think the thing I like most about Wilson is her brutal honesty; she was one of the few teachers willing to tell students when they weren't thinking something through. She never held back while answering questions on WebCT or Elm either.

I don't think she's changed that much, she seems pretty much the same as when she taught part of 1A03. And most people I talk to still don't like her. But the same reasons I liked her back then are the reasons I like her now. She doesn't waste lecture time going over things for people who weren't paying attention the first time.

I'm also curious what she had posted though :p

Old 03-25-2010 at 02:49 AM   #9
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times
Dr. Dej all the way!

Dr. Wilson got nominated? Lol

Old 03-26-2010 at 11:49 AM   #10
anusingh88

Liked: 6 Times
Thanks for the votes everybody! Dr. Dej is the Prof of the semester - Win 2010.

Stay tuned for details on the event.

(1081 votes in total!!!!!!)

ladyh, SciMania like this.

Old 03-30-2010 at 07:23 PM   #11
anusingh88

Liked: 6 Times
Dr. Dej is giving her talk tomorrow! LSB Lounge 5pm to 6pm. Come and support your Prof of the semester....and learn about her research and her career path to biology!

FREE FOOD!

Old 03-30-2010 at 07:54 PM   #12
webzn

Liked: 17 Times
Yaay Dr. Dej! She deserved it, best bio prof by far.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search