MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Bird course to take? jordan19 Academics 1 09-18-2010 05:42 PM
'BIRD' courses manaya Academics 9 01-08-2010 03:09 PM
Bird in the MSU AeRo General Discussion 16 12-08-2009 10:22 AM
Envr SC and Econ, bird courses? Juicebox First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-09-2009 01:33 AM
Bird Courses for 2nd Year Stan Academics 9 06-24-2008 08:21 PM

Bird Courses

Old 07-25-2010 at 12:48 PM   #1
Mellie

Liked: 0 Times

Bird Courses
Now I am in second year, having to redo 1st year cuz I did not get into the multimedia program

interested in photography, graphic design, and genuine creative things, like myths, theatre and you know stuff that not boring

i bad at math, science, drama, sports, and social science

FIRST YEAR courses included: (did not overload took summer school)
CMST 1A03, ENGLISH 1A03 MMEDIA 1A03, MMEDIA 1B03, INQUIRY 1HU3, PEACE ST 1B03, THTR&FLM 1A03, THTR&FLM 1B03, PEACE ST 1A03, WOMEN ST 1A03

i need two more courses for my second term, second year to be eligible for osap right now schedule looks like this:

PRESENT:
1st semester: media 1A03, women studies 1A03, Theatre & Film 2CP3
2nd semester: Theatre & Film 2BB3

now i read some of the previous forms, but I would still like to ask the question of:
what courses would you suggest? Can be first term or second term. Like some current easy to pass courses. something not really intense, something that i have good opportunity to pass with a B
Old 07-25-2010 at 01:43 PM   #2
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

take the first year econs. they are relatively easy and you can definitely get a B in these courses. if not, you might like any of the first year anthros, specifically anthro 1A03.
Old 07-25-2010 at 01:58 PM   #3
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

Have u considered switching universities? I hate to say it but Mac is very limited for those types of courses. I'm pretty sure Ryerson and York have some great programs/courses for what you're interested in..or you could go to a college like sheridan because they'd probably offer more hands on and application for photography/graphic design. There's no point in like wasting $5000 for courses you know u won't be that interested in.. It's too late to switch this year but if graphic design/photography is something you really want to pursue then i'd definitely look into programs at other places.
Old 07-25-2010 at 04:10 PM   #4
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Mellie I think she hit the nail on the head right there. I hate to say it but if you really want to pursue photography and technology related, you should consider going to a different school. As mentioned, Ryerson is a good one, but also look into OCAD (Ontario College of Art and Design I think is what it stands for), that might be your best fit.
Old 07-25-2010 at 08:15 PM   #5
merc67

Liked: 17 Times

Anthro 1A03 is a definite bird course! just read the textbook you don't even have to show up to class. except there's 1 essay but its not bad.
Good Luck
Old 07-25-2010 at 08:39 PM   #6
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Anthro 1A03 isn't a bird course if you take it with Dr. Arratia -- she asks ridiculous questions on tests, there are two midterms, a final and an essay.
Old 07-25-2010 at 11:28 PM   #7
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

PSYCH 3S03 covers "a wide variety of species", which may include members of the avian family.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...837.html#51333

Mahratta, Marlowe like this.
Old 07-26-2010 at 12:47 AM   #8
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

gimme your seat in Theatre & Film 2CP3 before you leave
Old 07-26-2010 at 02:20 AM   #9
wienerjc

Liked: 3 Times

- ECON 1B03
Micro is easy for a number of reasons. First, all of the lecture notes and podcasts are online (i.e. you don't really have to go to class). Second, the concepts are relatively easy: it's mostly memorization and some simple math. Third, the two midterms are fairly straight-forward and not cumulative, and the final is also relatively simple; they're all multiple choice. Fourth, there are a few Aplia assignments that, while not based solely on lecture material, can easily get done when working with a friend or two. Fifth, though there are quizzes every week (i.e. the only classes I ever went to), they're really easy if you just read the lecture notes and they take your best "x" out of "y" (I can't remember the exact numbers). Sixth, you have access to all of these quizzes online, as well as some practice tests, which are perfect test preparation. Finally, Dr. Holmes is really personable and really cool (she was in a punk band, is a former medal-winning weight lifter, a football enthusiast, and a Beatles fanatic).
- ECON 1BB3
Macro is a lot like Micro but definitely a bit more challenging. First, there are only podcasts (i.e. no lecture notes), meaning you'll have to take notes during the podcasts or find them somewhere on MacInsiders, LearnLink, etc. Second, while the first few weeks are the same material as Micro, I found the rest of it to be tougher. Third, there are more Aplia assignments, but at least they take your best "x" out of "y". Fourth, the tests have short answer sections as well. Fifth, you don't have as much access to material for test practice. Finally, I would definitely recommend reading the (online) textbook for this class, which is not at all necessary for Micro.
- MUSIC 2II3
Pop Music is definitely the easiest course I've taken and is also the best course I've ever taken. First, the material is incredibly interesting for anyone at all interested in music. I always felt like it was "story time" on Monday nights. Also, none of the material is really that hard to grasp. Second, it's not necessary to read the entire book. But it's so interesting and fairly well-written such that I ended up reading it all anyway. Third, there are two non-cumulative, multiple choice tests and a multiple choice final. The tests have a "listening section," in which you answer a few simple questions based on a few song clips the professor plays during the test. Luckily, the professor gives you a list of clips (from which the test clips are selected) well before the test. Finally, the professors are great. I had Dr. Wood, who isn't teaching the class this year. However, I have only heard great things about Dr. Fast from a number of my friends. She's also written a pretty solid book on Led Zeppelin called "In the Houses of the Holy." (I'd recommend checking it out if you're interested.) The only downside is that lecture notes aren't posted, so you either have to go to class or get them from someone else.
(Bonus: none of these classes have tutorials!)
Old 07-27-2010 at 07:02 PM   #10
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
PSYCH 3S03 covers "a wide variety of species", which may include members of the avian family.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...837.html#51333

Beat me to it.

I was going to say Bio 1M03 has a prof that researches Caspian Terns..