MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Ops Line Up Juve General Discussion 25 11-09-2010 10:58 PM
Best Barber around campus? aaront General Discussion 11 02-23-2010 06:29 PM
MMT presents: Little Shop of Horrors temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-19-2010 02:18 PM
McMaster Musical Theatre Presents Little Shop of Horrors RianeL MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-09-2010 07:06 PM
Need a good tat shop reeves General Discussion 15 09-04-2009 01:26 PM

Black Barber Shop in Hamilton

Old 01-27-2011 at 08:10 PM   #16
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBatt View Post
its called uppercut
I go to the same one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Oh sorry, was that racist?
The technique for cutting short curly hair is different than cutting long straight hair a barber that has no experience doing is going to butcher the haircut. Saying that asking for a barber that actually knows how to cut your hair is racist is about as stupid as saying that someone asking for Indian food is racist or someone asking for a Methodist Church is anti-semitic.

.:callen:., J-Met, kimzy, MKelly like this.
Old 01-27-2011 at 08:14 PM   #17
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I go to the same one

The technique for cutting short curly hair is different than cutting long straight hair a barber that has no experience doing is going to butcher the haircut. Saying that asking for a barber that actually knows how to cut your hair is racist is about as stupid as saying that someone asking for Indian food is racist or someone asking for a Methodist Church is anti-semitic.

I think they are implying that a lot of white barber could probably cut short curly hair just as good as the next person.
Old 01-27-2011 at 08:16 PM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I go to the same one

I don't doubt that at all.

This thread is just funny.

And I just wonder if people would jump the gun if someone made a thread asking for a white hair salon.

That is all.

Quote:
I think they are implying that a lot of white barber could probably cut short curly hair just as good as the next person.

That too. Didn't realize that only black people knew how to cut short curly hair.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-27-2011 at 08:16 PM   #19
SirPhil

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Does anyone know any good white barber shops in Hamilton and how much it costs?

Oh sorry, was that racist?
What are you trying to get at? Black people have different hair types from white people so obviously their hair is cut in two completely different ways, using two different techniques.

kimzy likes this.
Old 01-27-2011 at 08:19 PM   #20
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayiri View Post
Yup you're right. I forget the name of it, but i went there with a guy friend of mine once to get his hair cut. They did a good job.
The place is called Frontline, that's supposedly the one most of the ppl at our school go to

SirPhil says thanks to Tailsnake for this post.
Old 01-27-2011 at 08:21 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhil View Post
What are you trying to get at? Black people have different hair types from white people so obviously their hair is cut in two completely different ways, using two different techniques.
No ****ing way! Didn't know that. Thank you so much.

Honestly, I don't know what you guys are all getting at. Hair stylists should (in fact, most probably do) know how to cut/shape/ETC ALL types of hair. I didn't realize that people decide one day to pick up a pair of scissors, and start up a whole buisness for one type of hair style.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

aviaf likes this.
Old 01-27-2011 at 08:26 PM   #22
SirPhil

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:

Honestly, I don't know what you guys are all getting at. Hair stylists should (in fact, most probably do) know how to cut/shape/ETC ALL types of hair. I didn't realize that people decide one day to pick up a pair of scissors, and start up a whole buisness for one type of hair style.
Trust me there is a difference. There are some that do and some that think they do but don't. So why take the risk when there are barbers who specialize in cutting my hair type?
Old 01-27-2011 at 08:49 PM   #23
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:

lol.... i guess thats y u found it funny
Old 01-27-2011 at 09:17 PM   #24
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

I haven't found a barber of my particular ethnicity, so I cut my hair at home. Using scissors made by my own people, of course. People of other ethnic backgrounds don't know how to make the proper scissors for my hair

aviaf says thanks to Mahratta for this post.

aviaf, Patrick.O like this.
Old 01-27-2011 at 10:34 PM   #25
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

I didn't think such a thing existed. I thought everyone just went to the same barbers.

Forgive me, I'm a naive small-town guy in the big city :(
Old 01-27-2011 at 11:15 PM   #26
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaront View Post
I didn't think such a thing existed. I thought everyone just went to the same barbers.

Forgive me, I'm a naive small-town guy in the big city :(
Lol I think he just called Hamilton a big city.

Rakim likes this.
Old 01-27-2011 at 11:16 PM   #27
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
Lol I think he just called Hamilton a big city.
By comparison, it is. I grew up in a town of 400. Hamilton is massive to me.
Old 01-27-2011 at 11:18 PM   #28
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

It's a bit of a downgrade from 3 million to me lol. Downtown always seems so deserted. o.O
Old 01-27-2011 at 11:19 PM   #29
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

my mommy still cuts my hair with scissors

jo87, xxsumz like this.
Old 01-27-2011 at 11:28 PM   #30
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
It's a bit of a downgrade from 3 million to me lol. Downtown always seems so deserted. o.O
Haha, fair enough. It's weird to think that I have lectures that are bigger than the population of my hometown.

I try not to go near downtown Hamilton if I can help it. In first year, a guy there stopped me and a friend to aggressively explain that he felt the flu was an invention by the government to get people to take needles that erase your memory.

I did not like that day.

justinsftw, SciMania like this.