MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
booking projectors? BlueWave General Discussion 2 03-01-2011 08:48 PM
"Exam Guardians" - Free 1st year exam help concept Mowicz Academics 39 12-20-2010 11:30 PM
Booking a residence tour- help? ShesTheMan McKay Hall Forum 3 08-06-2010 12:56 AM
booking space in IAHS cbrasch Academics 0 03-26-2010 07:15 AM
Library Room Booking... now Online! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-06-2007 10:20 PM

Booking flight after EXAM!!!

Old 05-30-2011 at 12:41 PM   #1
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Booking flight after EXAM!!!
Hello

So I am going to book a flight to Canada and back

I am coming on Aug 13th but for the day that I want to come back i am not sure

I am wondering when is the last day for Exams Engineering 1?

Like when does Christmas break start?

Help is appreciated
Old 05-30-2011 at 12:44 PM   #2
sf

Liked: 36 Times

According to the registrar the last day for exams is Dec. 21: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html

Your personal exam timetable won't be given out until November.
Old 05-30-2011 at 12:55 PM   #3
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
According to the registrar the last day for exams is Dec. 21: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html

Your personal exam timetable won't be given out until November.
so will this be the last day for sure?
because i dont want to book and then still have an exam
Old 05-30-2011 at 12:59 PM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

I was in this situation last year. I had to wait until all my professors said when the exam was. It sucks because i had 3 of my exams within the first 5 days, but I had two exams on the very last day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I was pissed about this delay so I made my returning flight one week after classes started on January, to make up for the time. You don't do that much during the first week of courses anyways.

lol I hope you have a better luck than me
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:00 PM   #5
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
According to the resistrar that's the last day...I don't recall them ever changing that day after it has been posted.
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:01 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Yes, it's the last day for sure. So you can book your flight on Dec 22 and onwards. Also, you won't know your exact timetable for exams until November, so best to be safe and book it after the last day of exams.
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:08 PM   #7
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Yes, it's the last day for sure. So you can book your flight on Dec 22 and onwards. Also, you won't know your exact timetable for exams until November, so best to be safe and book it after the last day of exams.
i might stay until the end of the year because 10 days isnt really worth 1500$-2000$

its only 4 more months
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:38 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
i might stay until the end of the year because 10 days isnt really worth 1500$-2000$

its only 4 more months
Tickets are cheaper in December than the summer months, but I know people who did that as well, and it was fine. Just keep in mind that you can't stay in residence during the holiday break (between the 2 terms), but you can stay during Reading week (in February). In other words, you have to find other accommodations during the Christmas break.
Old 05-30-2011 at 02:04 PM   #9
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Tickets are cheaper in December than the summer months, but I know people who did that as well, and it was fine. Just keep in mind that you can't stay in residence during the holiday break (between the 2 terms), but you can stay during Reading week (in February). In other words, you have to find other accommodations during the Christmas break.
my aunt lives in mississauga so i dont think thats a problem