MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where is the Health sciences bookstore? gallagaj General Discussion 1 09-16-2010 09:04 AM
bookstore Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-08-2010 09:03 PM
Can I sell my Bookstore Gift Card for Cash? Allan General Discussion 6 10-07-2009 10:12 PM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
About Titles Bookstore wonie9024 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-11-2008 08:43 PM

Bookstore T29

Old 07-31-2008 at 08:40 PM   #1
amplified

Liked: 0 Times

Bookstore T29
Starting from the day undergrad materials become available, supposedly at T29 on August 13th, what are the hours of operation of this said "T29" sector of the bookstore?:\

Someone please tell me they extend past 5pm. That would be mighty convenient.
Also, what is the purpose of holding undergrad materials in an area other than The Tank? This confuses my world a little.
Old 07-31-2008 at 08:50 PM   #2
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

T29 has the same times open as the bookstore.

all the course materials are put in different place so that there might not be as much lines ups and easier to allocate for different years/department. also not enough room to put it all in a few places.
Old 07-31-2008 at 09:50 PM   #3
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Eva's right. Most of the first year stuff is available in the Titles bookstore in the student center. Some other faculties like humanities have their materials in T29 which is a portable-like building around North Quad to alleviate all the student traffic. You probably don't have to worry about the Tank unless you're taking upper year courses. That's the main bookstore in the basement of the student center which is the location of all upper year course materials. Line-ups to just get in their are atrocious.
Old 08-01-2008 at 05:59 AM   #4
amplified

I'm kinda screwed if I want to get my course material early as I always work a regular 7-5 shift and live an hour away from Mac.

I hate doing things last minute, I'll be shaky and awful if I have to get my stuff during the end of welcome week or something. SHAKY. lol

Open Saturday in August? Perchance?
Old 08-01-2008 at 08:01 AM   #5
mitch
Elite Member

T29 and the main bookstore (Titles) share the same hours of operation. Here's a link to their hours: http://titles.mcmaster.ca/geninfo/storehours.htm

It's open on all Saturdays in August except for tomorrow from 11 am to 3 pm and until 4 pm on the 30th. So I don't know if you'll be able to get them then. However, don't stress out if you have to get your stuff at the end of welcome week. Everyone else is in the same boat. The bookstore has all the first year materials right in the middle of the store, and even though there are a lot of people, I'm pretty sure there are enough books for everyone. I've never heard any first year ever having trouble buying their books.
Old 08-01-2008 at 11:21 AM   #6
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplified View Post

I hate doing things last minute, I'll be shaky and awful if I have to get my stuff during the end of welcome week or something. SHAKY. lol
I'm the exact same way. Are you going to be here for Welcome Week though or will you be working? I always go at the beginning of Welcome Week because that's when no one goes. The lines won't be long at all. Actually, I've never stood in a line for books to tell you the truth though I've seen how long they can get. During welcome week, yeah you do have things to go to if you live in res, but there are times throughout the day when you can go for a bit.

amplified says thanks to ferreinm for this post.
Old 08-01-2008 at 12:06 PM   #7
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

during the first few weeks of school the bookstore is opened till around 9 i think at night. so there are plenty of time to buy. i wouldn't really worry. the lines buying stuff isn't long its just the lines getting in to the bookstore. if you see a long line up, then just go another time. eventually there won't be a big line up.

to avoid line ups, you can always go buy used books
Old 08-01-2008 at 12:46 PM   #8
McMaxwell

Liked: 19 Times

Also, when entering T29...don't wear anything thicker than a wifebeater. You will melt. Or get heatstroke...I remember one morning, showered, felt fresh...walked into T29, just outside my rez, got my books...walked out and hopped *right* back in the shower. T29 = Temperature of 29 Degrees...
Old 08-01-2008 at 12:51 PM   #9
mitch
Elite Member

That's funny, cause last semester I remember T29 being very cold. They blasted the A/C in that place during the spring. And there would always be weird banging noises occasionally coming from the ceiling that would make the professor stop talking.
Old 08-01-2008 at 12:55 PM   #10
McMaxwell

Liked: 19 Times

I'm a rookie becuase I've never had a class there. But when I went to get my books in the summer/fall it was essentially a volcano.
Old 08-01-2008 at 01:00 PM   #11
mitch
Elite Member

Perhaps I'm thinking about T28 then...They're basically the same building.
Old 08-01-2008 at 08:51 PM   #12
amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
T29 and the main bookstore (Titles) share the same hours of operation. Here's a link to their hours: http://titles.mcmaster.ca/geninfo/storehours.htm

It's open on all Saturdays in August except for tomorrow from 11 am to 3 pm and until 4 pm on the 30th. So I don't know if you'll be able to get them then. However, don't stress out if you have to get your stuff at the end of welcome week. Everyone else is in the same boat. The bookstore has all the first year materials right in the middle of the store, and even though there are a lot of people, I'm pretty sure there are enough books for everyone. I've never heard any first year ever having trouble buying their books.
I think I may love you a little right now for telling me this news.
Just complete adoration. Seriously.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2008 at 09:24 PM   #13
mitch
Elite Member

Umm, your welcome. Haha. Glad you enjoyed it.