Headphones ShesTheMan General Discussion 5 02-17-2011 04:20 PM
Headphones Recommendation Amaryll Computers & Tech 42 02-15-2011 04:26 AM

Bose Headphones?

Old 05-15-2011 at 02:25 AM   #1
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Bose Headphones?
Are Bose headphones the most comfortable headphones around? I am looking for a comfortable pair to which I can listen to over long periods of time without my ear hurting and my friends have suggested Bose. Your opinion?
Old 05-15-2011 at 09:05 AM   #2
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

They're pretty comfortable, but the sound isn't very good compared to the other 'phones you could get for similar amounts of money.

Similarly pricey models from Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, etc. sound better and are probably equally comfortable.

I'd recommend going into a headphone shop (e.g. Bay Bloor radio) and trying a lot of phones on. Don't buy any of them, since they're way overpriced, but just try them on to see what you like and then order online.

Old 05-15-2011 at 09:53 AM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Sennheiser: http://eceplayground.com/2010/08/17/...eadset-review/

Expect some Arctic Cooling articles to show up this week too, they look like decent budget headphones
Old 05-15-2011 at 04:53 PM   #4
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

"Friends don't let friends buy Bose."
"No highs or lows, it must be Bose!"
"B.O.S.E = Buy Other Stereo Equipment"

I could go on. In my opinion, Bose is actually good stuff, but because of the marketing machine that they are, they're highly overrated and prices are overly inflated. By the same token, don't even get me started on Monster anything and the Dr. Dre stuff. People who like those didn't shop around, or have not acquired the ability to distinguish sound quality. A ton of muddy bass and unclear midrange/highs does NOT equal good.

You can get better performance and good comfort for less money. Look into Sennheiser, try them on and see what you think. I personally run a set of Denon earbuds, very comfortable and sound quality is excellent. I forget the model name, They were about $70 at East Hamilton Radio.

Last edited by temptingf8 : 05-15-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Afzal likes this.
Old 05-15-2011 at 05:29 PM   #5
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

Bose used to be much better... they have steadily declined in quality (their product line as a whole) over the last 5 or 6 years... But the whole 'go into a store and find the headphones you like, buy online' is a good idea. This will most likely save you a lot of money.
Old 05-15-2011 at 07:22 PM   #6
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

the philips o'neill ones are so comfortable
Old 05-15-2011 at 07:44 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

yea bose is overpriced these days and not worth it. prob better to get sennheissers or akg
Old 05-15-2011 at 08:25 PM   #8
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Check out meelec headphones, they are quite affordable and have great reviews: http://www.meelec.com/

Afzal likes this.
Old 05-15-2011 at 10:37 PM   #9
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I love my Bose headphones! Granted, yeah they are way too expensive, but I still think they're pretty awesome. I know it's probably a downside for a lot of people but I like that you can still hear what else is going on around you instead of your music totally blocking out all other noises.
Old 05-16-2011 at 01:43 AM   #10
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Shure's are boss I've had SE210 in ear headphones and i have SRH 840 dj headphones they are very comfy and great quality, they allow you to hear the difference between 320 kbps songs and FLAC's (based on thinking an album wasn't as good quality as before then realizing I wasn't listening to my FLAC version)

...?!, temptingf8 like this.
Old 05-16-2011 at 02:49 AM   #11
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Sennheiser = God Tier.
Old 05-16-2011 at 04:11 AM   #12
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

My only problem with over-ear headphones is that they leave a giant crease in my hair.

Because of it, I end up using earbuds or speakers during the day and my normal headphones only when I'm sure I'm not going out again.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 05-16-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-16-2011 at 07:14 AM   #13
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Just noticed that you were looking for headphones, not earbuds. Regardless, I just noticed that Futureshop has a buy one, get one free on most Sony headphones and earbuds! If you add two to your cart, the price is adjusted so you just pay for 1.

http://bit.ly/iffkDE

kanishka says thanks to Carefree for this post.
Old 05-16-2011 at 07:36 AM   #14
juntom10
I'm cool. You know that.

Liked: 7 Times

If you are not a head-fier, check this out, (search some reviews)

www.head-fi.org

Actually, bose headphones are good for general use. Good overall sound, nice isolation etc...

Much better than Dr.Dre.

But if you are more into headphones,

I'd recommend you to try akg, sennheiser, beyerdynamics, grado(but im sure you want closed type headphones...so grado is out).

Let me know if you have any question
Old 05-16-2011 at 07:46 AM   #15
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by juntom10 View Post
If you are not a head-fier, check this out, (search some reviews)

www.head-fi.org

Actually, bose headphones are good for general use. Good overall sound, nice isolation etc...

Much better than Dr.Dre.

But if you are more into headphones,

I'd recommend you to try akg, sennheiser, beyerdynamics, grado(but im sure you want closed type headphones...so grado is out).

Let me know if you have any question
I am not an audiophile, so not looking too much into sound. But ofcourse if I am going for the price range of bose, i wouldn't want something terrible for the amount i'm paying. I am more into watching movies and tv shows and therefore need to have the headphones on for at least 2-3 hours at a stretch. So I'm looking for something that's comfortable and light enough for me to have them on for that long. Also if you could tell me if the ears warming up is a general thing with all the headphones or is it the case with only bad ones?