MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Boston Pizza End Of Year Member Meetup A Success! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-03-2010 08:03 PM
New pizza place in Westdale cowpuppy General Discussion 8 04-09-2010 07:23 AM
Home-made Pizza Pockets lilchoconut Recipes 1 06-25-2009 11:17 AM
Pizza the way you order it! kokosas Recipes 0 02-17-2009 03:01 PM

Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza
Published by asood
07-25-2008
Published by

Author review
Quality Of Food
80%80%80%
Prices
80%80%80%
Atmosphere
70%70%70%
Service
80%80%80%
Overall Experience
80%80%80%
Average 78%
Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza is one of the most popular places for getting together for a meal with friends or family. There are a couple of reasons it's so popular:
  • Convenience: Located right on Main St., BP's is about a 10 min walk from campus, or the 10 or 5b bus will take you there in a matter of minutes.
  • Menu: tons of choices! pizza, pasta, appetizers, you can pretty much name it. Dietary restrictions (ex. being a vegetarian) is not a problem either, and the dessert selection is great too! And all of it's offered at a fair price.
  • Service: regardless of how large or small your party, Bp's can accomodate. They have booths, tables, they allow for seperate billing (as most restaaurants do), they accept student cards (flex dollars), and they have tons of staff.
Overall, I'd say Boston Pizza is great, and would recommend it!
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Boston Pizza!

Old 07-25-2008 at 04:21 PM   #2
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
Another thing that is awesome about this place is the fact that they take the Mac meal card!

Old 07-25-2008 at 04:31 PM   #3
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times
i like it. its close to the school not a very long walk. meal cards can be used here w/ the flex money, which is always nice
they are really nice with big parties of people for social events for clubs, etc.

Old 07-25-2008 at 04:48 PM   #4
asood

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Oooh! I also forgot to mention KARAOKE NIGHTS every Tuesday, I believe, which is tons of fun~!

b_rad says thanks to asood for this post.

Old 07-25-2008 at 05:55 PM   #5
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
I like their dessert menu. However, i find that their pasta is overpriced for such a small portion and it's not THAT amazing. Their brownie & ice cream dessert is amazing though. BUT yay to taking the meal card!!

Old 07-25-2008 at 07:52 PM   #6
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
I like their dessert menu. However, i find that their pasta is overpriced for such a small portion and it's not THAT amazing. Their brownie & ice cream dessert is amazing though. BUT yay to taking the meal card!!
I like their Mama Meata Penne thing -- with the sausage and chicken. Not bad, but yeah the portions are kinda small. I personally think their pizza kinda sucks loll. Except that Great White North I think it's called.. SO much cheese! Ooo that Brownie thing youre talking about, Nicole! SO GOOD. Brownie Surprise..? NOO Chocolate Brownie Addiction! Yayy lol. It's sad I know all the names -__-

Old 07-25-2008 at 10:02 PM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
I like their Mama Meata Penne thing -- with the sausage and chicken. Not bad, but yeah the portions are kinda small. I personally think their pizza kinda sucks loll. Except that Great White North I think it's called.. SO much cheese! Ooo that Brownie thing youre talking about, Nicole! SO GOOD. Brownie Surprise..? NOO Chocolate Brownie Addiction! Yayy lol. It's sad I know all the names -__-
Haha, I totally agree. I normally know the name of all desserts so I'm kinda disappointed that i didn't remember the name of this one. But honestly I make it at home all the time now. All you need is a hot brownie, vanilla ice cream a bit of hot fudge and butterscotch and you're set!

Old 07-26-2008 at 03:39 PM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Great
A great place to go with large groups such as clubs or... conference staff

Usually CLAY and HORIZONS staff go to Boston Pizza after the conferences in the summer and the staff at Boston Pizza are very helpful and easy to work with, having everything ready for us and quick service to make sure we're satisfied customers.

Old 07-29-2008 at 03:06 PM   #9
janeller

Liked: 3 Times
I am personally not a fan at ALL of Boston Pizza.
I find their food WAY overpriced and considering the quality ( i could make a similar meal at home), it's not worth it for me. It is a nice place to sit and chat with friends though. So if you're main goal is to go to be with friends, you'll love it. If you're concerned with price and the quality of the meal (as most students are) i'd say it's a bit of a disappointment.

Old 07-29-2008 at 06:35 PM   #10
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
BP is alright but it's not my first choice for close off campus venues, I'd actually take East Side Mario's over BP's any day. I find the portions to be larger and for a similar price. I know that they're known for pizza's (Hence the name) but many of their other dishes, like pasta ones, fall short. If you're looking for an interesting pizza then hit up BP's but I've yet to be impressed by anything else.

Old 10-19-2008 at 08:24 PM   #11
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times
been here a few times... and ive never been disappointed.

Old 10-19-2008 at 11:20 PM   #12
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
BP is alright but it's not my first choice for close off campus venues, I'd actually take East Side Mario's over BP's any day. I find the portions to be larger and for a similar price. I know that they're known for pizza's (Hence the name) but many of their other dishes, like pasta ones, fall short. If you're looking for an interesting pizza then hit up BP's but I've yet to be impressed by anything else.
hey umm question..where is east side mario's? I kinda eat pizza every other day and by now am sick of commons/pizza pizza/boston/basilique....
thanks

Old 10-20-2008 at 12:46 AM   #13
asood

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
hey umm question..where is east side mario's? I kinda eat pizza every other day and by now am sick of commons/pizza pizza/boston/basilique....
thanks

East side Mario's is all the way down main street in University Plaza. You can take the 10 bus all the way down past the west village condos/crabby joes.
It's located in the same plaza as dollarama, the barn, lcbo etc.

huzaifa47 all say thanks to asood for this post.

Old 10-22-2008 at 09:12 PM   #14
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
I've only been there a couple of times but overall it's not bad. I personally think their pizza is disgusting but I've had other food on the menu and it's been really good. I had a spicy chicken wrap and it was delicious. The brownie dessert that has been mentioned is amazing too, and it's good for sharing. Plus they take meal card so that's a plus. I would recommend at least trying it out, but don't order pizza.

Old 06-25-2009 at 09:43 PM   #15
batman

Liked: 6 Times
In general I find some of the portions too big (but I find that at a lot of places), and I hate this trend at every restaurant of putting cheese on anything and everything. HATE HATE HATE it.

That really skews my rating, as I have had so many good experiences at BP, but the cheese absolutely kills some of their food.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search