MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Brandon Hall Introductions DMe3 Brandon Hall Forum 164 09-08-2012 12:05 PM
AC at Brandon Hall? thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-05-2010 11:44 PM
Brandon Hall Updates - Oct 22 Chad Brandon Hall Fire Announcements 4 10-23-2008 10:38 PM
Brandon Hall '07 lorend Brandon Hall Forum 30 06-09-2008 10:30 PM

Brandon Hall Update

Brandon Hall Update

Via the Daily News

With exams over, many of you are welcoming your students back home for the holidays. It certainly has been an eventful first term!

As we all prepare for the return of Brandon Hall residents to campus beginning Sunday, January 4 we wanted to make sure you were updated on the logistics and procedures to make a smooth transition to the start of the second term.

Prior to leaving their interim hotel accommodation, students received boxes, labels and instructions to pack away any items not needed over the holidays. These boxes have been moved by the University back to residence rooms where they are waiting in residence rooms for the students' return beginning January 4.

Some of you have been wondering about the procedures for move-in on January 4.

We encourage your students 'to beat the rush' by moving in between 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Students living on floors 5, 7, 9 and 11 should plan to move in from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Students living on floors 4, 6, 8 and 10 should plan to move in from 1 p.m. 10 4 p.m.

Students living on floors 1 to 3 may move in any time after 7 a.m.

In each residence room, new mattresses and blinds have been installed and carpets have been replaced or cleaned. Walls and ceilings in rooms and hallways have been painted or sanitized. All furnishings, telephones and fixtures, including refrigerators that were left behind, have also been cleaned.

Over the past few weeks all of the building's smoke detectors have been replaced. Heat sensors have been inspected and replaced where necessary and all exit signs have been either cleaned, repaired or replaced. Audible testing of alarms on each floor and in each residence room has been completed, and a complete fire safety and security audit is also being conducted.

Continue reading here.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 12-23-2008 at 09:57 PM   #2
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Year: Other
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
I opted out of residence and decided to live in a house after the fire. Just recently, I had decided to re-apply for my room at Brandon Hall due to a few issues. Looks like I'm going to have to arrange on my own for my stuff to be moved. :( Does anyone have any information about any movers? Thanks...
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 12-23-2008 at 10:15 PM   #3
Eva C
Elite Member
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Les Prince Hall 613 (06/07), Mary. E. Keyes 410(07/08), Brandon Hall (08/09), Les Prince (09/10)

Liked: 3 Times
hey nino.
according to the email it seems like there will definitely be helpers to help out all day. but definably don't' expect it to be like welcome week with all the volunteer reps to move everything up for you. There is one elevator operating for everyone to use. The other two are allowed for you to put boxes in (that are labelled) and then it will be operated by professionals. This is becuase the elevator is NOT fully operating for anyone else. its just for the workers as there is on elevator there. it is not really an elevator, just kind alike a crat thing. (from what i know)

i would suggest emailing housing and see what suggestions they give you. You should omve in during times where it is less crowded. just email them and maybe they will give you speical arranagmenets/suggestions.
Old 12-23-2008 at 10:18 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Year: Third
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
You could always get a friend and a cab. I know blueline has mini vans. Know any friends with cars? Offer to grab lunch or pay for the gas if they're coming from out of town.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search