MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSW/BSW Post Grad Program Questions danitrec96 Academics 0 12-30-2016 04:20 PM
BSW vs MSW silvam5 Academics 3 07-05-2014 12:09 PM
2 year bsw post-degree schedule silvam5 Academics 2 05-30-2014 12:12 PM
For those of you who were accepted to BSW barclayyy Academics 0 05-30-2014 10:42 AM
BSW/BA Program PLS HELP! **jewel 03** First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 10-07-2008 09:21 PM

BSW/BSW Post Grad Program Questions

Old 12-30-2016 at 04:36 PM   #1
danitrec96

Liked: 0 Times

BSW/BSW Post Grad Program Questions
Hi everyone, i'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this question on but I thought I would give it a try.

I'm a current third year student at the University of Guelph, initially I was accepted into the honours sociology program but decided to switch out to the General BA because I wasn't sure what I wanted to pursue career wise.

I have been looking into social work programs (BSW) and social work master's degrees (MSW). I am really interested in how the BSW program for post graduates works. I would like to know if it requires a general BA or an honours BA to apply. I would also like to know how you can prepare yourself to apply for the program and get in. McMaster's credit layout is different from Guelph, so i'm confused as to what the program entails in terms of courses and what is required to apply.

If anyone has information/is in either the BSW program or in the BSW program post grad (or even an MA program) please answer/contact me!

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-01-2017 at 02:21 PM   #2
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Why don't you contact the program directly?

danitrec96 says thanks to topkek for this post.
Old 02-16-2017 at 05:07 PM   #3
danitrec96

Liked: 0 Times

Sorry for the late reply!

I looked into it and thankfully I am able to apply to post-degree programs for social work, although I have my #1 as McMaster!

If anyone is in this program, or is a current student at Mac and can give me insight that would be amazing. I know this program is most likely extremely competitive, so I have some questions regarding the application process and making sure I get in!
Old 02-19-2017 at 06:00 PM   #4
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

I know a few people who graduated and went on to work in social work. You get paid nothing and the job wears you down.