Bursary Application Form Goce General Discussion 5 07-08-2009 06:56 PM
McMaster Bursary? raine General Discussion 2 03-21-2009 07:15 PM

Bursary Release?

Old 01-28-2011 at 07:43 AM   #46
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Questionnn: are the first generation student bursaries labelled as something else? cause I'm sure I applied and was eligible for it but the only money I got was from "McMaster" whereas I'm sure the firstgen money is from the ontario government....
Id like to know the same thing? I thought I was eligible and mine just shows up as "McMaster bursary".

Also, is it possible to get more than one bursary?
Are more still coming, or is what we see as of now, what we get?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2011 at 08:31 AM   #47
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
Yeah but think of all the hardships you would face...you're a male engineering student. You will be rich even before you finish school, you don't have to worry about tuition fees heheheh
>____________________ _____________________ _____________________ ___>

What? Rich before he finishes school?

It's quite difficult to get a job as an engineer - just saying. Or at least, it has been for a year or two because of the recession and whatnot.
Old 01-28-2011 at 08:56 AM   #48
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

^ Yup. It seems like getting any job as an engineer upon graduation is rather more challenging than most people think it is. Of course, it doesn't help much that many students of engineering seem to have the idea that a great engineering job is lined up for them after graduation...

alh24 likes this.
Old 01-28-2011 at 09:22 AM   #49
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
^ Yup. It seems like getting any job as an engineer upon graduation is rather more challenging than most people think it is. Of course, it doesn't help much that many students of engineering seem to have the idea that a great engineering job is lined up for them after graduation...
Hopes keep people sane.

Also much easier to face the HIGHER than normal tuition fees as a Engineer student when you have a hope of getting a job easier once you get out.
Old 01-28-2011 at 11:02 AM   #50
santiagoeb

Liked: 4 Times

i got an email with all the bursary information blah blah blah and it said for people with osap the bursary amount would be added to my application. does that mean i'll receive it along with my osap when its released? (feb 4. for me) , or will it still be a check???
Old 01-28-2011 at 11:10 AM   #51
olive

Liked: Liked 4 Times

where is the office i can go and talk to someone about mine bursary? I need to make sure my cheque goes to the correct address. thanks!
Old 01-28-2011 at 11:54 AM   #52
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships
McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West
Gilmour Hall, Room 120
Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L8
(905) 525-9140 ext. 24319
Phone Hours: Monday through Friday
9:30am-12:00pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm
Old 01-28-2011 at 12:44 PM   #53
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

$1026... not bad at all! I was expecting something around this, guess upper year students get more? oh well I now only owe Mac $300 which is managable.

Does anyone know whether or not I would have to write a thank you letter for my bursary... I know some bursarys require (at least you should) write a letter... I got the STUART AND MARJORIE IVISON bursary
Old 01-28-2011 at 12:49 PM   #54
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
$1026... not bad at all! I was expecting something around this, guess upper year students get more? oh well I now only owe Mac $300 which is managable.

Does anyone know whether or not I would have to write a thank you letter for my bursary... I know some bursarys require (at least you should) write a letter... I got the STUART AND MARJORIE IVISON bursary

Upper years do not necessarily get more. My 1st and 3rd year were equal amounts (and the highest amount), with 4th year my smallest bursary (when I needed it most).

I believe for that bursary you are to write a thank you letter.
Old 01-28-2011 at 02:52 PM   #55
Gooners

Liked: 1 Time

If it says its been credited to our account, i assume we dont get the money in hand period?
Old 01-28-2011 at 03:18 PM   #56
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooners View Post
If it says its been credited to our account, i assume we dont get the money in hand period?
No. It gets... wait for it... credited to your account. So check your Account Statement on Mugsi. If it goes into negatives, you'll get a cheque in the mail. (I don't remember when) n_n

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-28-2011 at 04:03 PM   #57
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Questionnn: are the first generation student bursaries labelled as something else? cause I'm sure I applied and was eligible for it but the only money I got was from "McMaster" whereas I'm sure the firstgen money is from the ontario government....
I have the same question. Anyone know the answer to this?
Old 01-28-2011 at 06:15 PM   #58
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I think this answers most questions on this thread:

The Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships is pleased to confirm a bursary payment was processed to your student account on January 27 2011 If the amount of your bursary exceeded the balance owing on your student account, a cheque for the difference will be mailed to you.

The Student Accounts Office will be working diligently to get all refunds processed as quickly as possible and no later than February 15, 2011. With over 5,000 bursary payments made to undergraduate students, we will not accept special requests for refund cheques at this time.

Please note that bursary decisions are based on financial need and amounts are final.

If you are a bursary recipient with an OSAP application for this academic year, Student Financial Aid & Scholarships will add the bursary amount to your application. Your McMaster bursary will not impact your OSAP entitlement.

Bursaries are no longer considered taxable funding; however, T4As continue to be required by the Federal government and will be issued for your use the following year. Please provide your Social Insurance Number online via MUGSI under "My Profile" to allow the University to prepare your T4A.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Commander says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 02-11-2011 at 10:13 PM   #59
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Anyone actually got their cheque mailed in yet?
Old 02-11-2011 at 10:19 PM   #60
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
Anyone actually got their cheque mailed in yet?
Not I.................... .