MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Of Business (DeGroote School of Business) Chad Academics 58 09-12-2011 10:53 AM
A 2nd year business informatics dude CB-Shawn Introduce Yourself 1 07-07-2010 01:43 PM
Switching from Business Minor to Major? potatopotato First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 11-23-2009 07:10 PM
2nd year Business Student looking to do a Double Major in Math & Stats lawleypop Academics 13 08-02-2009 04:02 AM
Getting a major in Business? aviaf General Discussion 4 04-10-2009 08:09 AM

- Business Informatics major..?- HELP!

Old 02-07-2010 at 01:33 AM   #1
*~Lana~*

Liked: 0 Times

- Business Informatics major..?- HELP!
Hi everyone! Glad that i've found this forum

Im going to apply for McMaster for Fall 2010 to Study the program of "Business Informatics" form the Engineering Department & Computer Science.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calendar/current/pg1199.html

I would like to know anyone who is studying in this program to share with me information about it.

My High school GPA is 88.97% , International student.
Is there any chance they would accept me??
im studying some courses now in a canadaian university.
I wonder if they can transfer some credits for me? Especially the Math for Computer science & Programming with Java & Macro & microeconomics.. these course are already will be taken at McMaster Business Informatics program too..

I've looked at the Courses that are required to complete this major but not sure about it because I couldn't understand what does the "unit" before each course mean.
I still have sooooo many questions about when the deadline to rigester for next year.
If I've been taking an ESL ( English as second language course ) for more than 12 months,, do they still require me an English test like ILTES or TOEFL???
This qustion is sooo important to me becasue depending on the answer i will decside to apply or not.
Thank you for reading my post & I will appreciate you more if you reply it )

Have a good day!
Old 02-07-2010 at 04:06 AM   #2
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Lana~* View Post
Hi everyone! Glad that i've found this forum

Im going to apply for McMaster for Fall 2010 to Study the program of "Business Informatics" form the Engineering Department & Computer Science.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calendar/current/pg1199.html

I would like to know anyone who is studying in this program to share with me information about it.

My High school GPA is 88.97% , International student.
Is there any chance they would accept me??
im studying some courses now in a canadaian university.
I wonder if they can transfer some credits for me? Especially the Math for Computer science & Programming with Java & Macro & microeconomics.. these course are already will be taken at McMaster Business Informatics program too..

I've looked at the Courses that are required to complete this major but not sure about it because I couldn't understand what does the "unit" before each course mean.
I still have sooooo many questions about when the deadline to rigester for next year.
If I've been taking an ESL ( English as second language course ) for more than 12 months,, do they still require me an English test like ILTES or TOEFL???
This qustion is sooo important to me becasue depending on the answer i will decside to apply or not.
Thank you for reading my post & I will appreciate you more if you reply it )

Have a good day!
I don't know anyone in that program, but I may be able to answer a few of your questions, or at least point you to someone who can.

1. Yes, with that average, I think you will be accepted into the program. However, you may have to enrol as a Level I Computer Science student (or at least complete all the non-elective courses) first, as this website:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...nt/pg1198.html

states.

2. I don't know which Math you took, but you may have to retake it as 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 are somewhat different than the other courses McMaster offers. Macroeconomics may transfer if the course is taught the same universally. Your programming with Java course may transfer if there is a course in Computer Science that is similar, but I don't know anything about that. Regardless, you can send an email to Sally Williams at

[email protected]

and ask her any questions you may have.

3. A "unit" is just a way to measure the weight of a course. Most one-term courses consist of three units, though there can be 4- or 5-unit courses. Most people take 15 units per term, or an average of five courses.

4. Sorry, I don't know when the registration deadline is, nor do I know about ESL courses. You can ask Sally Williams though.