MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free HSR Bussing in the Summer? cddbc Automotive & Transportation 13 05-07-2010 08:04 PM
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland Teaser Trailer! sinthusized General Discussion 14 07-23-2009 11:50 PM
What's your favourite ride at Wonderland? mitch General Discussion 35 08-20-2008 05:53 PM
Wonderland tickets - $34 Chad General Discussion 1 05-22-2008 07:47 AM

Bussing to Wonderland Tomorrow

Old 05-05-2010 at 08:46 PM   #1
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Bussing to Wonderland Tomorrow
Hey,

Does anybody know how I can get to Wonderland by bus tomorrow from Toronto? I just found out that the GO bus that usually runs from York Mills to Wonderland isn't running tomorrow and that was the only way that I knew. I need to be there tomorrow so if anyone knows another bus route that will take me there I'm all ears!
Old 05-05-2010 at 08:58 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
Hey,

Does anybody know how I can get to Wonderland by bus tomorrow from Toronto? I just found out that the GO bus that usually runs from York Mills to Wonderland isn't running tomorrow and that was the only way that I knew. I need to be there tomorrow so if anyone knows another bus route that will take me there I'm all ears!
http://www.canadaswonderland .com/v...directions.cfm

Quote:
York Region Transit offers several routes to Canada's Wonderland. YRT Routes 4 and 20, as well as TTC Route 165A operate directly into the park.
I trust you can search those on your own.
Old 05-06-2010 at 06:48 AM   #3
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

oh thanks, this should be interesting...never ridden on yrt before, lets see how they compare with ttc
Old 05-06-2010 at 12:42 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Why not rent a car for the day?

Just going with Budget for example, you can pick a car up near your place tomorrow morning, drive to Wonderland using the directions they give you (type your postal code on the site jhan posted) and then you just have to return the car the next morning around 9am. Calculating it on the Budget website, the cost came to $ 43.88 with taxes for 1 day rental (pickup 9am tomorrow, return 9am Saturday), unlimited free kilometers for an economy 4-door.

http://www.budget.ca/en/
Old 05-06-2010 at 01:07 PM   #5
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Why not rent a car for the day?

Just going with Budget for example, you can pick a car up near your place tomorrow morning, drive to Wonderland using the directions they give you (type your postal code on the site jhan posted) and then you just have to return the car the next morning around 9am. Calculating it on the Budget website, the cost came to $ 43.88 with taxes for 1 day rental (pickup 9am tomorrow, return 9am Saturday), unlimited free kilometers for an economy 4-door.

http://www.budget.ca/en/
I may be wrong but isn't there an age restriction on car rentals? (sadly)

I think it's 21? and even then very few companies will actually rent the car to someone so young.
Old 05-06-2010 at 01:20 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Not sure, some car rental places range from 18-25. Can give them a call at 800-268-8900
Old 05-06-2010 at 05:52 PM   #7
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

In York Region we have something called the "Wonder Bus" that goes stright to Wonderland
Old 05-06-2010 at 06:30 PM   #8
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

that's why i plan on getting my g2 this summer too , in case anyones interested, i went to the finch station, got on the YRT 99 route and transferred at mackenzie and took the route 4A and i ended up pretty much next to wonderland, in total it cost me 1 ttc token and 3.25 for the YRT fare, cheaper than renting a car but i swear to god the guy behind me on the YRT bus smelled like he pissed his pants, apart from that experience YRT bus>TTC bus IMO, cleaner, friendlier drivers and frequent buses
Old 05-06-2010 at 11:01 PM   #9
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
I may be wrong but isn't there an age restriction on car rentals? (sadly)

I think it's 21? and even then very few companies will actually rent the car to someone so young.
i think u have to be atleast 25