MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bussing to Wonderland Tomorrow ShouldBeStudying Automotive & Transportation 8 05-06-2010 11:01 PM
If they were Free..? Sport fan Athletics & Recreation 18 03-30-2010 08:15 AM
Summer Positions: Scotia Global Risk Management Hiring For Summer! Alison MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-08-2010 03:04 PM
HSR Summer passes for Summer Students? aviaf General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 03:52 AM

Free HSR Bussing in the Summer?

Old 05-06-2010 at 11:02 PM   #1
cddbc

Liked: 0 Times

Free HSR Bussing in the Summer?
Do we get it?
Old 05-06-2010 at 11:17 PM   #2
nataliejachy

That's what I was wondering!
I got on tuesday, but today he said it's not valid in the summer!
Old 05-06-2010 at 11:29 PM   #3
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

NOOOOO, it's not valid in the summer!
Only from September - April.

If you want, you can go to Compass, I think, and get a summer 4-month deal thing from the school, but it's bloody expensive. D: like $200-something bucks, almost $300.

Old 05-06-2010 at 11:31 PM   #4
nataliejachy

ahhh that is insane expensive!!

thanks for the help though! (:
Old 05-06-2010 at 11:39 PM   #5
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliejachy View Post

Bah, I know. :(
& np.

If you're going to be using it frequently, like everyday, then it's probably best to get a pass, but if you're using it seldomly (i.e. summer school two days a week, etc), then stick with tickets.

that's what I'm doing, anyway.

OH, and about the regular HSR pass. (like not from the school)
If you get a student one, some bitchy busdrivers may ask to see your high school ID, & that would be bad. D: they'd see you already graduated & kick you off.

Though it's more expensive, I'd probably go with the adult pass, just to be safe.

Old 05-07-2010 at 07:21 AM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I only use the bus when I have my bike with me; and i put it on first, then show my ID, havn't got kicked off yet! LOL

I bet even if they saw it was expired they'd be like...meh...

Old 05-07-2010 at 08:52 AM   #7
hmmmcurious

Liked: 9 Times

If you have the HSR summer student pass, remember that technically it's only valid with your McMaster Student ID. Some drivers may ask to see both, but most don't seem to care.

Just letting y'all know so you don't have to learn the hard way (like I did).
Old 05-07-2010 at 09:26 AM   #8
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post

OH, and about the regular HSR pass. (like not from the school)
If you get a student one, some bitchy busdrivers may ask to see your high school ID, & that would be bad. D: they'd see you already graduated & kick you off.

Though it's more expensive, I'd probably go with the adult pass, just to be safe.
...For the HSR, you must be an elementary or secondary school student to pay student fare or buy student tickets. Probably because McMaster students already pay much less for a 'yearly' pass, they MUST pay adult fare/buy adult tickets/adult passes if they don't have the sticker (e.g. in the summer for undergrads).
Old 05-07-2010 at 11:28 AM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliejachy View Post

TTC is $121 per month and they don't offer a student discount. $200ish dollars for four months is really cheap...approximately $50/month when the regular monthly pass is $80+

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-07-2010 at 11:52 AM   #10
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
TTC is $121 per month and they don't offer a student discount. $200ish dollars for four months is really cheap...approximately $50/month when the regular monthly pass is $80+
The universities in Toronto currently have a program where you can buy a metropass through the school at $107.

Starting in September of this year the regular student metropass ($99) will be valid for students in any recognized post secondary institution in Ontario.
Old 05-07-2010 at 07:42 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid.Hasan View Post
The universities in Toronto currently have a program where you can buy a metropass through the school at $107.

Starting in September of this year the regular student metropass ($99) will be valid for students in any recognized post secondary institution in Ontario.
That's till more expensive than 200$ for 4 months though. I think what Danielle was trying to get at was that HSR is much cheaper than the TTC so we should be content.

Also, just in case there are people that travel to Union Station: The QEW express isn't the only way to get to Union. If you currently take the QEW express than you have to walk/bus to the GO stop/Downtown. But you can easy take the GO bus from McMaster to Aldershot and take the train to Union. The zones are the same so if you bought a 10 ticket pass with the mindset of using the QEW express, you can still use it for the Aldershot/Train route. The bus only comes every hour on the 45 though. Check the Go Transit website for more information.
Old 05-07-2010 at 07:45 PM   #12
cddbc

So even if your taking summer classes its not vaild?
Old 05-07-2010 at 07:46 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbc View Post
So even if your taking summer classes its not vaild?
No, there shouldn't be an HSR tag on your student card sticker.
Old 05-07-2010 at 08:04 PM   #14
cddbc

well that sucks. lol

thanks