MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music 1AA3 summer work load? shimje Academics 2 06-21-2014 08:59 PM
Macmaster student Id Move-in TempoPetit First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-21-2013 03:15 AM
Macmaster oscarplus cancel octate Computers & Tech 0 09-06-2012 08:38 PM
Course load for Social work students gallagaj Academics 4 05-30-2011 09:53 AM
work load for 2nd term maryam17 Academics 3 12-24-2008 10:34 AM

How to calculate course work load at MacMaster

Old 08-21-2014 at 09:49 AM   #1
RedRanger

Liked: 0 Times

How to calculate course work load at MacMaster
I just want to confirm that I'm doing this right. I'm in Level 1 Business and it asks that I take a total of 30 credits.

If I want to fulfill the full-time OSAP requirements it asks that I take at least 60% of the course load.

So would I just calculate 60% of 30? Which is 18 units (or 6 courses)
Old 08-21-2014 at 11:09 AM   #2
jenrox

Liked: 2 Times

[ (Course_load_for_the_ year) / (Semesters) ] * (Course_load_percent)

eg: Business I is 30 units for the year. There are two semesters in Fall/Winter. You want 60% course load, or 0.60.

(30/2) * (0.6) = 9 units

You must have 9 units per semester and above to qualify for full time OSAP in Fall/Winter (ie: You can't have 11 units in one semester and 7 units in the other).