MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All My Pnb Majors Where You At? SirPhil Academics 55 08-09-2011 08:04 AM
GPA chart for Majors waleed123 General Discussion 4 11-29-2010 03:12 PM
When to Declare Majors squash101 Academics 7 01-18-2010 09:13 AM
Majors noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-27-2009 10:43 PM
majors in Mac lbqjenny First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 05-22-2009 11:00 AM

Calling all PNB majors!!!

Old 06-23-2011 at 02:16 PM   #1
davied

Liked: 1 Time

Calling all PNB majors!!!
Hey guys my name is David, and I'll be coming to Mac next year for the PNG program in the faculty of social sciences. I was wondering if you could help me with my course selection for next year, you see I'm planning on changing into the PNB program in the faculty of science. I'm just confused as to what courses are needed for the faculty of science. So in grade 12 I took chem, bio, advanced functions.

Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated!

PS. I would have gone to mac and talk to the academic advisiors but on the day of the event, was my bio exam.

Thanks for any responses.
Old 06-23-2011 at 02:43 PM   #2
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

Hey,
So basically you want to take the following courses in your first year.

1) Psych 1X03 with at least a B- grade
2) Psych 1XX3 with at least a B- grade
3) Math 1LS3 or Math 1A03
4) Biology 1A03
5) Biology 1M03
6) Chem 1A03 or Physics 1B03 or Physics 1L03
7) 2 Courses from the Life Sciences Course List

Also you want to have a fairly decent average (definitely 7+) to get in.
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:52 AM   #3
bhatoai

Liked: 0 Times

For Bio 1A03, they didnt let me take it during first year because I was in Soc Sci Faculty. So, I did it in the summer school. After that, I probably would've gotten into PNB B.Sc program but I only had 7 Life Sci. courses. You need 8 in total.

See if you can call them up to see if they can give u a waiver for Bio 1A03 for your first year.

I am not sure about Chem 1a03... If you can take that or not.

You will probably find out when you pick your courses, if it comes as your prerequisite being "failed" then contact the department and ask them to just give u a waiver (permission for that course) for that course.

Just make sure you have the courses mentioned above. and total of 8 Life Sci courses. plus good average

Good luck!