MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling Pianists goodnews.inc Music 6 07-17-2010 08:58 AM
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Thoughts on Vishal LeannaT General Discussion 127 02-08-2010 08:31 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM

Calling out Vishal Tiwari

Old 02-01-2010 at 08:35 PM   #1
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Calling out Vishal Tiwari
Can anyone tell me what the current MSU president has accomplished over the past year?

Like, compare what he campaigned for with what he has done.

I think COMPASS has umbrellas that you can rent or something (lol). Is that it?
Old 02-01-2010 at 08:59 PM   #2
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Vishal Updated the SRA a couple of months ago on what he has been upto and what he plans on accomplishing for the rest of his term. I can't find the accompanying document on the documents section of the SRA website :S

Its in my SRA binder at school, I will scan it tomorrow for you and upload it.

In the meantime you can email him with your question or set up a meeting appointment because technically you as a constituent have every right to ask a question. Email is [email protected] ca

p.s: He scrapped his Rentable Umbrellas idea during campaign period.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 02-01-2010 at 09:06 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
Can anyone tell me what the current MSU president has accomplished over the past year?

Like, compare what he campaigned for with what he has done.

I think COMPASS has umbrellas that you can rent or something (lol). Is that it?
You can BUY umbrellas from Compass. They started selling them in Juneish 2008, long before Vishal came into office.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-01-2010 at 09:08 PM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
You can BUY umbrellas from Compass. They started selling them in Juneish 2008, long before Vishal came into office.
I think he was referring to Vishal's initial platform idea of having Umbrella boxes outside major buildings that students can pickup and then drop off Umbrella's. As you can imagine there were SO many issues with it and hence it was scrapped.

p.s: Here is the yearplan from July 11th https://www.msumcmaster.ca/content/d...an%2009-10.pdf

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 02-01-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2010 at 11:32 AM   #5
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I'm constantly shocked at how unprofessional people in the MSU seem. Writing "sh*t" in an official document? Give me a break.
Old 02-02-2010 at 12:35 PM   #6
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

*applauds this thread*
Old 02-02-2010 at 01:54 PM   #7
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
I'm constantly shocked at how unprofessional people in the MSU seem. Writing "sh*t" in an official document? Give me a break.
WOW! I actually can't believe that. WTF MSU.
Old 02-02-2010 at 02:05 PM   #8
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Although I may not agree with some of what has been said - I like that some students are starting to question what the MSU is doing for them.

However, I strongly suggest that these students come to an SRA meeting - ask your questions there. Go to Vishal's office - ask your questions there. Send an e-mail to Vishal, or something. The Board of Directors are not active participants on MacInsiders for many reasons - time constraint, it's not an MSU service, some of these threads as we've seen throughout Presidentials become unproductive. So try one of these other avenues and ask questions - that's your best way to get a direct and accurate answer.

huzaifa47 says thanks to McIntyre for this post.

Old 02-02-2010 at 03:46 PM   #9
Parnian

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
However, I strongly suggest that these students come to an SRA meeting - ask your questions there. Go to Vishal's office - ask your questions there. Send an e-mail to Vishal, or something. The Board of Directors are not active participants on MacInsiders for many reasons - time constraint, it's not an MSU service, some of these threads as we've seen throughout Presidentials become unproductive. So try one of these other avenues and ask questions - that's your best way to get a direct and accurate answer.
Why not use the internet forum or facebook? It's the fastest and easiest way to get in contact with students. I'm sorry, but I think the MSU is light years behind. There's no more office hours anymore. Deal with the new age.
Old 02-02-2010 at 05:12 PM   #10
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
Are you serious? Man, do people our age ever know how to write professionally? I know someone who had to write a letter to Peter George, and they included phrases like "You know you should come" etc etc. While it might not seem offensive, there's just better ways to says things in the most professional way possible.
Old 02-02-2010 at 05:19 PM   #11
florencem.

Liked: 34 Times

Vishal Tiwari: For Students, Not Forgetting Students
Old 02-02-2010 at 05:47 PM   #12
McMaxwell

Liked: 19 Times

So let's get one thing straight. It's waaaaaay easy to point the finger at someone in a leadership position without asking them about it.

If you feel dissatisfied with the performance of the MSU, well that's fine. But perhaps share your feelings with them in a constructive way. Maybe through dialogue you can better understand what the person has actually done to serve you, regardless of what that may be.

AeRo, McIntyre, Taunton all say thanks to McMaxwell for this post.

finklej, Richa, Taunton like this.
Old 02-02-2010 at 06:36 PM   #13
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnian View Post
Why not use the internet forum or facebook? It's the fastest and easiest way to get in contact with students. I'm sorry, but I think the MSU is light years behind. There's no more office hours anymore. Deal with the new age.
In real life you can't just contact the President of an organization through forums or even emails (unlike the MSU BoD, who WILL answer emails). I echo John's sentiments. Vishal is not afraid to answer questions, and you are more than welcome to come to an SRA meeting or just go see him in his office.
Old 02-02-2010 at 06:39 PM   #14
conster

Liked: 9 Times

I think people need to look past vocabulary choice and see that that report is written in his own words, and he is being real and genuine. Authenticity is what I would and do appreciate from the MSU President.
Old 02-02-2010 at 06:43 PM   #15
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnian View Post
Why not use the internet forum or facebook?
Another point - these forums and other sites are too indirect... it's like planting a land mine and hoping he'll walk into it. If you really want answers, go see him.

I've iterated this many times. You can't just post your beef on the internet and expect people to find it for you and fix your problems. You need to go to the people in charge and demand your problems be fixed.

AeRo likes this.