MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Calling out Vishal Tiwari FireDragoonX General Discussion 41 02-09-2010 12:53 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM
Tell us your thoughts on Welcome Day! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2008 08:33 AM

Thoughts on Vishal

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:59 PM   #1
LeannaT

Liked: 7 Times

Thoughts on Vishal
Okay, so I realize that the 2010 MSU elections have been in the foreground these past few weeks, and they have been really exciting. However, I feel that I need to address the work Vishal Tiwari has put forward over the past year at Mac. I have had the pleasure of knowing Vishal since I was a first year, when he was my floor CA in Mary Keyes. It is now my fourth year at mac and I can honestly say that Vishal was a huge part of all four, starting right from the beginning. He has always been a supportive, kind, and dedicated person and I just want to thank him publicly for the work he is doing. I realize a lot of you on here are giving him a hard time about what the HAS NOT done, and why nothing seems to be happening, bringing up things about "umbrellas", but I think you need to realize that when MSU presidents are in office, a lot of their work does not begin to take massive effect until a couple of years later. To be fair, we are only now experiencing some of the changes that MSU presidents from YEARS prior had implemented. It all takes time, and the results aren't always instant. He has done a lot of work and just because you may not be experiencing immediate changes, does not mean the MSU is not working on it. Vishal is very welcoming, always someone to talk to, a wonderful public speaker, and never loses his sense of humour. As a president, he is very relatable and non-intimidating. If you have a problem with him and his work as prez, I think he would be more than willing to hear you out in person in his office. He is always open-minded for discussion. PLUS, you also need to remember that he is only human! I think that students tend to have a misconception of the MSU president as some magical being, that can fix all of our problems at the snap of a finger. Sorry to burst the bubble, but MSU president is a student, just like us, wanting the same things, and looking towards future goals. There is only so much pressure you can put on one person.

I don't want to make this post OVERLY personal (to avoid getting blasted by resentful posters) but I feel it had to be said! Seriously Vish, thanks for your work, for the laughs, for representing our school, for showing constant spirit, for keeping us in the loop, and for making McMaster feel like home. We love you!!!!!

Love always,

Leanna
(fif flo pride)

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Old 02-06-2010 at 12:07 AM   #2
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

is this a joke?
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:11 AM   #3
LeannaT

@FireDragoonX,
No it is not a joke!
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:12 AM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Hey Leanna,

Vishal doesn't leave office till May 1st. From the conversations I have had with him he isn't dropping the ball yet on all the projects he has, there is alot he needs to do and is planning to do in the next 3 months.

It's not time to say our goodbyes just yet

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 02-06-2010 at 12:18 AM   #5
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannaT View Post
address the wonderful and eloquent work that Vishal Tiwari has put forward over the past year at Mac.
such as?....
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:22 AM   #6
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Dont trust anyone whose post count is lower than your IQ.
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:28 AM   #7
LeannaT

I think one major factor that makes Vishal a solid president is his passion for the school in general, as evidenced by his prior involvement with the school and campus life. He was actually the one to suggest that I become a rep, and he really sold me on it! Reason being, that he was so passionate and enthusiastic about the McMaster repping experience, and spoke ONLY good words about the MSU. I didn't even realize what the MSU was until he gave me the rundown. He has been really involved with campus life- he was a CA, as I mentioned in my first post, he was a Welcome Week rep, obviously MSU president, and in general has always shown immense spirit. That I can say I have witnessed first hand. I can't speak on your behalf, but I am stating what I know. He believes in the school and in keeping students connected. I am not trying to speak for you guys, who seem to harbor a lot of bitterness and resentment towards Vishal Tiwari, I am simply stating my personal opinion about him and sending him some appreciation! No need to respond with rude remarks. And "Rossclot", I am sorry if my post count is a few points lower than your IQ, but to be fair I only just signed up for Macinsiders today. Give me a couple of hours to catch up Take care

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:53 AM   #8
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

I couldn't care less about his enthusiasm and school spirit, dozens if not hundreds of people that go to Mac have just as much enthusiasm and school spirit as he does. You mentioned he was a welcome week rep and CA, they're told to be enthusiastic and have tons of school spirit and get along with the first year students, it's his job as a CA to do so actually, he gets paid to do it. It's a trait shared by so many (including myself) that it's a non-factor, but it's all I see you bringing up.

You, clearly one of his most vehement supporters, can't even answer my simple question, what has he accomplished during his term as MSU president? Is it really that hard? Or do you just not care because you're blinded by the fact you have a personal friendship with him, so you'll stand by him even if he hasn't really done anything during his term. This thread is the definition of pointless.
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:54 AM   #9
LeannaT

I came here simply to say thanks to him publicly. If you have such a huge problem with him, take it up with him at his office rather than attack me to answer your questions on Vishal's behalf. By the way, CA's do not get paid, nor do Welcome Week reps.

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-06-2010 at 01:01 AM   #10
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

He doesn't deserve to be thanked publicly for being enthusiastic and showing school spirit since then the hundreds of other people who go to Mac that show enthusiasm and school spirit deserve a thread too. Like I said, pointless thread.
Old 02-06-2010 at 01:09 AM   #11
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

CA's do in fact get their residence paid for them pretty much, I call that getting paid. You said he had wonderful and eloquent work, were you just making stuff up when you said that since you clearly can't explain what that work was?
Old 02-06-2010 at 03:16 AM   #12
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

I'd like to point out that SOME CA's get a profit out of their experience, while others end up losing money. For example, myself, as a Keyes CA will lose money since the amount I get paid over the year is nothing close to the residence fee that I paid.

LeannaT says thanks to Phoenix for this post.
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:31 PM   #13
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

LeannaT thanks so much for the post. It's about time someone decided to thank Vishal for all his hard work. The people on here are ridiculous and obviously have no idea what is going on in the MSU. There is tons of work going on behind the scenes including contacting school officials to get ELM working, and thanks to Vish, it's working great now You all need to get off your high horses and start appreciating the things that the MSU is doing for us. It doesn't matter how many posts we have on these message boards, after all, we're students and would rather be studying than aimlessly browsing through these forums reading all the negative comments. I joined today just to show my love for Vishal and reflect on the positive things that are going on at MAC. I feel bad for you guys who don't feel this way because you're clearly missing out. Vishal is a great person and he's doing some great work, and I will be one of the first to admit that.

LeannaT says thanks to KaylaG for this post.
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:40 PM   #14
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The MSU President is a "student just like us"?
Are you sure it's not a full time job for someone who is no longer a student ..?

healthsci1 likes this.
Old 02-06-2010 at 12:41 PM   #15
McIntyre

Liked: 182 Times

It's a full time job where you are allowed to take a max of 1 course per term, but they don't have to be graduated. Vishal is coming back to finish his fourth year of Science next year. Generally though, VPs and Presidents are either graduated or have finished their third year.