Camelot Towers RiskBreaker Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 7 07-08-2013 12:54 PM
Camelot Towers feltzbar Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 4 06-26-2011 10:42 PM

Camelot Towers?

Old 01-11-2014 at 11:45 PM   #1
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Camelot Towers?
Hello,

I know this has been asked many times before but the threads are a bit old... so I was wondering if anyone has any feedback about how these buildings presently are in terms of management, security, other tenants, pest control, noise level, etc.
Old 01-12-2014 at 05:41 PM   #2
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I hear it's cheap, but it's also a total dump. One of my classmates lived there and said if you don't keep your unit clean you'll develop a roach problem. Also there are times when the water can be shut off for 12 hours. When I was looking at places I drove in, saw the condition of the exterior of the building, and decided not to live there because the exterior itself looked so poor.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 01-12-2014 at 05:54 PM   #3
SaraH11

Liked: 1 Time

I would say it is pretty decent for the apartment buildings around Mac. I have a one bedroom apartment and I haven't had too many issues with it. The water has been shut off once since I moved here in May but if you're in school or work all day it doesn't affect you much. The pest problem is at a minimum but there was a serious inconvenience in October where pest control came in and it basically caused chaos for a month. The apartment is pretty big, much better than any basement apartment you will find. I looked at one basement apartment which was $650 inclusive and my apartment in Camelot towers is $775 + hydro, so I'm pretty happy with that. Best part is you can have pets and the super does not bother you at all, nor do the other tenets. Good luck