MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Campus Dentist TLulu General Discussion 7 01-06-2010 04:48 PM
Fax on Campus Pay919 General Discussion 3 11-02-2009 03:57 PM
Dentist on Campus? Allan General Discussion 11 04-08-2009 10:18 PM
New Dentist Office On Campus! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-10-2009 10:52 PM
Dentist Coming To MUSC? Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-03-2008 11:06 PM

Campus Dentist

Old 09-23-2009 at 10:50 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Campus Dentist
I know they do teeth cleanings, but they do teeth whitenings? I've always been in too much a rush to go in and ask.

I want these babies pearly white. Lulz.

Also, do you think they're full? (as in, not taking anymore patients?)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-24-2009 at 12:35 AM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services/...geIncludes.htm

Quote:
100% of one cleaning and one unit of polishing, includes up to 4 units of scaling (above the gum line)

Flouride treatments will be limited to one per policy year.
polishing would be whitening right? im gonna get this done too gotta use this $95 insurance

lawleypop says thanks to Afzal for this post.
Old 09-24-2009 at 04:40 AM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I dunno if polishing =/= whitening. I thought whitening was similar to bleaching, lolol.

"Are teeth whitening procedures covered by the Dental plan?
No. The MSU Dental Insurance plan does not cover the costs associated with cosmetic dental procedures."

I don't have the MSU Dental plan, but since there's a question about it, I'm sure they still do the procedure.

Thanks for the link. (Y)

Old 09-24-2009 at 07:54 AM   #4
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

I had to go to Dr. Filice (the dentist/orthodontist on Main St, near Dundas) to have him fix an occlusal adjustment that they screwed up majorly.

Personally, I would strongly suggest not going to the campus dentist - they don't have a clue what they are doing. Perhaps for a routine cleaning, but that's it.

The technicians AND the main dentist were like.. my age.. and fresh out of school. Well, perhaps a couple years older for the dentist. She had to look up an occlusal adjustment in a catalogue and then did it the exact opposite way its supposed to be done, by adding material instead of removing it, and creating 2 single pressure points instead of an even bite, she was very unconfident in what she was doing.. a very weird feeling that I've never had from a medical professional and don't ever want to have again. I couldn't eat solid food for 2 weeks. The other dentist fixed it in about 3 minutes in a routine manner like it should have been and didn't even charge me for it.

My experience above probably doesn't really convey the point.. but have you ever had a doctor.. or any professional who you depend on, who left you with the feeling of wondering if they actually know what they are doing? Its not nice. Buy hey, maybe I'm just being ageist! YMMV
Old 09-24-2009 at 07:57 AM   #5
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
polishing would be whitening right? im gonna get this done too gotta use this $95 insurance
Polishing is what they do after scaling (scraping) your teeth when you get them cleaned. It is not related to whitening at all.
Old 09-24-2009 at 08:31 AM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
I had to go to Dr. Filice (the dentist/orthodontist on Main St, near Dundas) to have him fix an occlusal adjustment that they screwed up majorly.

Personally, I would strongly suggest not going to the campus dentist - they don't have a clue what they are doing. Perhaps for a routine cleaning, but that's it.

The technicians AND the main dentist were like.. my age.. and fresh out of school. Well, perhaps a couple years older for the dentist. She had to look up an occlusal adjustment in a catalogue and then did it the exact opposite way its supposed to be done, by adding material instead of removing it, and creating 2 single pressure points instead of an even bite, she was very unconfident in what she was doing.. a very weird feeling that I've never had from a medical professional and don't ever want to have again. I couldn't eat solid food for 2 weeks. The other dentist fixed it in about 3 minutes in a routine manner like it should have been and didn't even charge me for it.

My experience above probably doesn't really convey the point.. but have you ever had a doctor.. or any professional who you depend on, who left you with the feeling of wondering if they actually know what they are doing? Its not nice. Buy hey, maybe I'm just being ageist! YMMV
Okay, wow. I'm not going there. Thanks for the heads up. O_O and yea, I've had way too many problems with doctors, which is why I don't go anymore! Small example: EVERY doctor that Ive EVER been to have all given me different and conflicting information about birth control. Coincidence that they were all males?

Old 09-24-2009 at 08:36 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Okay, wow. I'm not going there. Thanks for the heads up. O_O and yea, I've had way too many problems with doctors, which is why I don't go anymore! Small example: EVERY doctor that Ive EVER been to have all given me different and conflicting information about birth control. Coincidence that they were all males?
Most of the doctors on campus are female: I think only two are not.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-24-2009 at 09:48 AM   #8
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

Our Campus Health doctors are fantastic. I'm really sad that I won't be able to go back to mine after I graduate.
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:07 AM   #9
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Most of the doctors on campus are female: I think only two are not.
Yeah, most of the doctors at the clinic that give out contraceptives are female. I haven't had an issue.
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:15 AM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I should have been more specific. This is outside of Mac. Like over the past 4 years, back at home. I've never had a female doctor. D:

But yea. Nothing but bad experiences. Especially when it comes to the ... "more feminine" procedures.

Old 09-24-2009 at 10:19 AM   #11
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I really do recommend that you take advantage of Campus Health while you're here. I've been to Doctor Bradfield a few times in the past year and she's been nothing short of fantastic.
Old 09-24-2009 at 04:27 PM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
I really do recommend that you take advantage of Campus Health while you're here.
Agreed. I've seen a few different doctors here and they've all been great.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-24-2009 at 04:53 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

What's the difference from the campus one and just any in general? Just the location?

Also, will they give me shit for not having a family doctor? Every time I go to the clinic, they roll their eyes at me when I tell em I don't have one. >_<

Old 09-24-2009 at 05:28 PM   #14
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
What's the difference from the campus one and just any in general? Just the location?

Also, will they give me shit for not having a family doctor? Every time I go to the clinic, they roll their eyes at me when I tell em I don't have one. >_<
No, they're really good about seeing students.

A girl I knew went there to get her yearly pap smear because her physician was male. The doctors and nurses there are really nice and they take the health of McMaster's students seriously.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 09-24-2009 at 09:14 PM   #15
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Got my appointment tomorrow, looking forward to it <--Similes always have a good set of dentures.