MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fax on Campus Pay919 General Discussion 3 11-02-2009 03:57 PM
Campus Dentist lawleypop General Discussion 15 09-26-2009 12:24 AM
Dentist on Campus? Allan General Discussion 11 04-08-2009 10:18 PM
New Dentist Office On Campus! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-10-2009 10:52 PM
Dentist Coming To MUSC? Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-03-2008 11:06 PM

Campus Dentist

Old 01-01-2010 at 04:48 PM   #1
TLulu

Liked: 3 Times

Campus Dentist
Hey everyone,
I was wondering whether being a full time student at Mac allows for coverage of dental cleaning at the Campus Dentist? Also, how far ahead do I need to book an appointment?
Thank you
Old 01-01-2010 at 04:57 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

im pretty sure it does... but i also that some other dentist handed out flyers for free cleanings couple months ago
Old 01-01-2010 at 07:02 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

It's technically not free. All students need to have the MSU's insurance plan or one that is equilavent or better. So technically you or your parents already paid for it.

Here's information on the MSU's dental health plan. https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services/...e/overview.htm
Old 01-02-2010 at 12:42 AM   #4
hurdletj

Liked: 0 Times

You already pay for dental coverage through the MSU. You just have to make a claim through their insurance company. You can claim one cleaning/check-up per academic year. There is a form on the MSU website with all the details. I made a claim over the break and my dentist did the claim online while I was at the office. If they don't do it online then you fill out the form and your dentist will make the claim or you pay the fee up front and get reimbursed my making the claim yourself. But, you can go to any dentist you want and be covered.
Old 01-02-2010 at 01:03 AM   #5
ali11

Liked: 7 Times

yeah your first time examiantion, cleaning, xrays, fluroide treatment, etc... are all covered 100% at the campus dentist. i had mine a few weeks ago, it costs around $366 i believe.

just remmber that if the msu insurance is all you hav, then you can only claim up to $750 per policy year (september to august), which includes your first appointment. so technically, after your first cleaning, you only have $400 to go towards any following treatments..
Old 01-05-2010 at 05:40 PM   #6
TLulu

Liked: 3 Times

So I went today to ask and if I understood correctly then I have 2 free cleanings and a check up per year. They informed me that I will have to pay myself and then be completely reimbursed in 5 days thus, costing me nothing. Correct?
Old 01-05-2010 at 11:23 PM   #7
hurdletj

Liked: 0 Times

I depends on each dentist individually. Mine did it online right in front of me. If your dentist cannot do that then they either get reimbursed directly or you pay upfront and are reimbursed later. I'm sure it depends on your specific dentist's policy. I also think you only get one cleaning covered per year. All this info is on the MSU website:

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services/...e/overview.htm
Old 01-06-2010 at 04:48 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Who has that type of money upfront. x_x goodness.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.