MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ipod touch vs. ipod video **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 11 06-08-2010 06:20 PM
iPod Touch Ad Hoc Internet? Penguin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-02-2008 07:24 PM
Ipod Touch myster General Discussion 3 06-22-2008 08:49 PM

Can anyone review an iPod Touch for me please?

Old 10-13-2009 at 11:55 AM   #16
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
8GB is more than enough for a lot of ppls music

You can use an iPod without a Mac, but you do have to use iTunes and you do have to sync. I hate it and it's my biggest reason for never picking up an iPod.
You don't need iTunes and you are not required to sync. Not using iTunes can get really time consuming and tedious, so I would recommend using it (even though iTunes sucks), but you are not required to sync. I have an 80Gb Classic and I don't ever sync... I only transfer the albums I want to listen to.
Old 10-13-2009 at 12:08 PM   #17
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

although i love itunes, and sugget using it, you can also use a program like doubleTwist link

it's free and will sync with your iPod.
Old 10-13-2009 at 02:46 PM   #18
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

So can I just copy and paste from a folder on my computer to a folder on the iPod? That's the easiest way for me.
Old 10-13-2009 at 02:49 PM   #19
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
So can I just copy and paste from a folder on my computer to a folder on the iPod? That's the easiest way for me.
No, the easiest way would be to open iTunes and then select all of the songs you want to transfer, and then drag those selected songs over to the iPod symbol. It's really straightforward.
Old 10-13-2009 at 03:45 PM   #20
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
No, the easiest way would be to open iTunes and then select all of the songs you want to transfer, and then drag those selected songs over to the iPod symbol. It's really straightforward.
That's still syncing, what I liked to do (before I got my iPhone at least) was moce over my songs in specific folders and organize them that way. I also re-organize my collection a lot, which breaks half the links in iTunes and forces me to re-import everything. I've just found using it a pain when just dragging and dropping folders would be easier.
Old 10-13-2009 at 04:57 PM   #21
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
That's still syncing, what I liked to do (before I got my iPhone at least) was moce over my songs in specific folders and organize them that way. I also re-organize my collection a lot, which breaks half the links in iTunes and forces me to re-import everything. I've just found using it a pain when just dragging and dropping folders would be easier.
You can do that... it's called making playlists.

I don't consider it syncing. Syncing is when you connect your device to your computer and all new media is automatically transferred.
Old 10-13-2009 at 05:50 PM   #22
Kathy2
Elite Member

Damn. That sucks. I wish you could just open the folders.

It still sounds pretty good though!

(Sorry if someone answered this and I didn't see it): Do you have to pay monthly for the internet? Does it cost you everytime you use the internet (like a cell phone) or do you just pay the money when you buy it and use the internet whenever you want (like a laptop) ?
Old 10-13-2009 at 06:03 PM   #23
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:

(Sorry if someone answered this and I didn't see it): Do you have to pay monthly for the internet? Does it cost you everytime you use the internet (like a cell phone) or do you just pay the money when you buy it and use the internet whenever you want (like a laptop) ?
I agree that it sucks, but the inability to directly access the music on the device is something that Apple has included in iPods right from the start to help fight against illegal music sharing.

As for the Wi-Fi, no, you simply use the Wi-Fi on your Touch just like you would for your laptop... you can connect anywhere there's a wireless internet connection.
Old 10-13-2009 at 06:12 PM   #24
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
You can do that... it's called making playlists.

I don't consider it syncing. Syncing is when you connect your device to your computer and all new media is automatically transferred.
That would work, if playlists didn't break as soon as a I rearranged the songs on my hard-drive

Quote:

Basically all decent mp3 players come with built-in Wi-Fi, you can use internet for free anywhere you can get a wireless connection.
Old 10-13-2009 at 06:43 PM   #25
Kathy2
Elite Member

Another question

Does the iPod Touch have a radio?

While I HATE the mp3 player I have now, it has an FM radio and I'm able to record songs from the radio straight to my mp3 player whch is very useful. Does iPod have that?
Old 10-13-2009 at 06:45 PM   #26
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Another question

While I HATE the mp3 player I have now, it has an FM radio and I'm able to record songs from the radio straight to my mp3 player whch is very useful. Does iPod have that?
Theres no radio preinstalled, but theres a million apps you can put on. I had a radio on mine, that worked anywhere I was connected to Wi-fi, but I never used it and deleted it.
Old 10-13-2009 at 07:31 PM   #27
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

i personally have the ipod touch and the new nano and an iphone, for music i use the nano the most and it has a decent quality camera. I find touch screens really annoying especially on the bus or while traveling on foot.
Old 10-13-2009 at 08:24 PM   #28
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

ive had an Itouch for 2 years now and its amazingly usefull. Through out mac there is wi-fi so that means u have internet everywhere you go. Only problem is as you move from building to building you will have to retype in your Mac id.

As well with the new Itouch's and the new headphone's you can use your itouch to make phone calls where ever there is wi-fi ofcourse. Msn, Games, Facebook, Calculator, e-mail. It has quiet a lot the other mp3 players dont.

Also about the itunes issue, I am not sure if the windows Itunes does it but on my mac it does.
Every time i add something to my library in itunes, the songs are automatically sorted out by album and artist on my computer. So if i were to look up the songs on my computer they are all organized.
Old 10-14-2009 at 06:49 PM   #29
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Another question

Rumor: Apple To Switch On Sleeping FM Radio in iPhone & iPod

Reports suggest that Apple is on the cusp of releasing an FM radio application for the iPhone and iPod Touch. And get this: it will be for the current models.
Old 10-15-2009 at 08:54 PM   #30
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

get it get it get it get it