MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exchanging used books @ Titles Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-22-2010 03:12 PM
When you put books in to your 'shopping bag' in titles do you reserve that book? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-26-2010 10:16 PM
how to buy books on titles??? mehtad5 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-28-2009 11:18 PM
text books and titles katie_batt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-06-2008 01:28 PM

Can I buy books at Titles now?

Old 08-22-2009 at 11:29 AM   #16
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

1) Custom Coursewares are set in stone at the moment. If your course is listed as running with a custom courseware, it cannot change at this point because it just takes too long for Titles to produce them...it has 'passed the deadline' so to speak.

If your professor decides "Crap, I should include this slide in the courseware" or something like that, they must now provide you with it themselves, ie. photocopying a handout.

The danger is if you go to class for a week and go "Man, this is boooooooooring..." and drop your course. Then your courseware is non-refundable and you're S.O.L.

2) To sweetrachel: If you really are a keener and love just reading your books for fun (I do too ), then you won't end up in c.erl's situation where your books go unused. If you enjoy reading them, why would they just sit there for no reason?

Often times a professor does such a great job lecturing that reading the textbook is redundant...this isn't always immediately obvious, and even after attending the lecture for a month you may not know if this will happen.

3) I almost always buy my books around this time of year because you can get great bargains on used books...in particular, if you shop early, you can usually get used books that look like new ones (they're in great condition), and cost less.

This year however I can't because I don't know what courses I'm taking. ): lol

4) To Nicole: Don't fall into the trap! I too was convinced that since I was in 4th year and I would do fine...but I wound up dropping a whopping two courses that year, for reasons such as my health (kind of a scary story actually...lol) or financial problems.

My point is that familiarity and academic capabilities aren't the only factors here. I'm not saying you will drop it or anything...but anything is possible, don't leave yourself open for trouble should the worst happen. (: (4th year is awesome btw...you get the biggest dosage of your favourite material since the courses become so diverse)

Last edited by Mowicz : 08-22-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2009 at 12:24 PM   #17
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
5 books only costs you 200$? o.O
Used books are my best friend

also,

Used books are my best friend :(