MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetables. JAYJAY First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-09-2010 11:27 PM
Timetables are Available! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2009 01:05 PM
Timetables are out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 66 08-25-2008 01:26 PM
Timetables Are Down lorend MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-11-2008 08:35 AM

Can someone please Review My timetables!!!!

Old 06-02-2010 at 07:56 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
Oh, and just thought I'd mention, you CAN choose between day, evening, term 1 and term 2 sections of the same class, just not sections within the same term.
For a handful of classes you will be able to choose your sections, it doesn't happen often but if it does it's useful to know in advance what sections you want.
Old 06-03-2010 at 08:40 AM   #17
1styearlife

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
For a handful of classes you will be able to choose your sections, it doesn't happen often but if it does it's useful to know in advance what sections you want.
When people say section, what does that mean? are we talking tutorials, labs or cores or all three? sorry I know it might be a stupid question.

Also what about the profs I picked. Any good?
Old 06-03-2010 at 08:57 AM   #18
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1styearlife View Post
Hi,

I have been working to days and have come up with the schedual below. Can some one review it and tell me how to make it better or if the profs I have are horrible.

Plus there are these gaps some days that I don't know how to fill. I think they are going to waste my time, right?

One last thing am I going to have a problem going in between buildings in ten minutes? I don't want to be late.

Thanks whoever.
To me that's a really nice schedule but that could be because I'm used to having at least 25 hours of classes a week. The breaks aren't all bad, I usually use mine to get work done or to eat food or to hang out with friends around campus. It's really up to you though, some people would rather have their schedule packed all together so that they can get everything done and over with as soon as possible.

Old 06-03-2010 at 09:21 AM   #19
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Hi,

I have been working to days and have come up with the schedual below. Can some one review it and tell me how to make it better or if the profs I have are horrible.

Plus there are these gaps some days that I don't know how to fill. I think they are going to waste my time, right?

One last thing am I going to have a problem going in between buildings in ten minutes? I don't want to be late.

Thanks whoever.
1st term option 1 is entirely reasonable, especially if you're living on campus or nearby. Commuting becomes a bit awkward due to the breaks but, in my opinion, it sure as hell beats term 1 option 2. Class clusters are never fun.
Old 06-03-2010 at 10:11 AM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
When people say section, what does that mean? are we talking tutorials, labs or cores or all three? sorry I know it might be a stupid question.

Also what about the profs I picked. Any good?
Sections refer to all three; cores, tutorials and labs.
Old 06-03-2010 at 10:44 AM   #21
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Your profs - you're going to have Dr. Kim regardless.

You're likely to have Kajiura for Bio 1A03, and Boreham isn't the best but IMO none of the biology teachers are very good.

Don't know about the psychobiology and math teachers, never had them, and technically I never had Dr. Lock either but rest assured, most people say she's a really good chemistry prof.
Old 06-03-2010 at 10:53 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Your profs - you're going to have Dr. Kim regardless.

You're likely to have Kajiura for Bio 1A03, and Boreham isn't the best but IMO none of the biology teachers are very good.

Don't know about the psychobiology and math teachers, never had them, and technically I never had Dr. Lock either but rest assured, most people say she's a really good chemistry prof.
Dr Duschoff and Jacobs are good bio profs, they really know their stuff. Duschoff is pretty enthusiastic, Jacobs is kind of monotone but he teaches in multiple styles so you are bound to understand one of the styles.
Old 06-03-2010 at 11:23 AM   #23
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Dushoff, I forgot about him. He is a good bio prof. I don't (think) anyone had Jacobs in our year...or maybe he taught first semester 1A03. But I don't particularly think Quinn, Kajiura, Kolasa and Boreham are very good.

I think you're a fan of Wilson, correct? Lol
She's okay - her teaching and notes are pretty all over the place at times but at least the material was challenging and she didn't treat us like children.
Old 06-03-2010 at 11:45 AM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Dushoff, I forgot about him. He is a good bio prof. I don't (think) anyone had Jacobs in our year...or maybe he taught first semester 1A03. But I don't particularly think Quinn, Kajiura, Kolasa and Boreham are very good.

I think you're a fan of Wilson, correct? Lol
She's okay - her teaching and notes are pretty all over the place at times but at least the material was challenging and she didn't treat us like children.
I hate Wilson, she talks too slow and makes way to many pauses within her sentences. I means 1-2 pauses in your sentence is ok but every 3 words is just ridiculous.
Old 06-03-2010 at 12:31 PM   #25
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

Before my first year, I tried making my timetables too. Well, not me specifically, I asked 2 of my friends to do it for me based on my specific requests (i.e no huge gaps between classes, lunch at 12:30 etc etc). One does term 1 and the other does term 2.
And then I changed my mind and decided to take another course and after that I got into math 1A03 (took me 3 weeks to get in), so then my schedule had to be changed again and again. In the end, the guys made a total of 8 timetables for me and then solar came along and made a better one........

The moral story is that you don't tell them that they did it all for nothing......

About food in class, this one guy came and sat down beside me 10minutes after class started, took out a bagel, some cream cheese and started spreading it with a plastic knife. Then he ate his bagel and fell asleep............
Old 06-03-2010 at 12:41 PM   #26
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyshi View Post
Before my first year, I tried making my timetables too. Well, not me specifically, I asked 2 of my friends to do it for me based on my specific requests (i.e no huge gaps between classes, lunch at 12:30 etc etc). One does term 1 and the other does term 2.
And then I changed my mind and decided to take another course and after that I got into math 1A03 (took me 3 weeks to get in), so then my schedule had to be changed again and again. In the end, the guys made a total of 8 timetables for me and then solar came along and made a better one........

The moral story is that you don't tell them that they did it all for nothing......
As if you couldn't make one yourself.