MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switch from Lifesci to health sci program by 2nd year?? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 07-06-2010 08:36 PM
SocSci wanting to switch to Science vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-04-2010 08:32 PM
Admitted into Social Science and told i wont be able to switch into a Science program MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 05-23-2010 03:47 PM
Admitted to Social Sciences I, will i be able to switch into the BIOPSYCH program? MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-27-2010 03:24 PM
Environmental science 1a03 labs --anyone want to switch Sultan Academics 3 01-03-2010 03:57 PM

Can i still switch into a science program if the pre-reqs done in sem.1

Old 08-12-2010 at 12:48 AM   #1
MariaQ

Liked: 0 Times

Can i still switch into a science program if the pre-reqs done in sem.1
Okay so i was looking at my courses and the courses im going to be taking in summer school and during second year...and turns out that in order to meet the 30 unit requirements for any second year life science program, ill be finished those by sem.1 of second year

my question is,

HOW? am i going to apply to a science program halfway during the year? can i even do that
or am i going to have to wait till third year to begin?????
that really sucks because im going to be a year behind :|

do any older science students know what to do lol :(
Old 08-12-2010 at 12:54 AM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

no no no wut u do is u take the prereqs for life sci I now and transfer over to life sci in second year so ur not behind. so the bios, chems, math , phsyics n psychs
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:01 AM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Actually, you can transfer anytime you meet the prerequisites. Just talk to one of the science academic advisers.
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:05 AM   #4
MariaQ

yeah but i cant take all the pre-reqs now because im missing some courses from high school.. so im taking the replacements and then the pre-reqs for life science

but i figured it out that ill be completed everything by sem1 of second year

so i can just go in and talk to the advisor and they 'll let me switch?!!? is it really that easy LOL
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:06 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaQ View Post
yeah but i cant take all the pre-reqs now because im missing some courses from high school.. so im taking the replacements and then the pre-reqs for life science

but i figured it out that ill be completed everything by sem1 of second year

so i can just go in and talk to the advisor and they 'll let me switch?!!? is it really that easy LOL
Should be something like that. There was someone on MacInsiders that switched their program 3 times in the same year.

I suggest talking to an academic adviser when school starts. They can actually help you plan out the entire thing.
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:08 AM   #6
MariaQ

okay thank you!
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:13 AM   #7
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Actually...
I went from Business I to Chemical Biology to Biology (Physiology) (don't ask) back to Chemical Biology again.
If you want to outline what your course list looks like for this year, I'm sure it'd be easier to get feedback and tips on how to manage

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences