MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Express Restarant ericvan1 Restaurants & Food Reviews 2 08-15-2013 10:08 AM
Mac Express Meal Card henry4399 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-23-2012 02:15 PM
Daily game Jan 24 : Gun Express Chad Daily Game 0 01-24-2012 04:04 AM
GO Express from Mississauga spoons First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-09-2009 08:56 PM
Express Yourself kokosas Misc 8 06-03-2008 04:45 PM

cant express my opinion now?

Old 02-04-2014 at 07:02 AM   #1
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 30 Times

cant express my opinion now?
my last thread got banned for what? For sharing the news? i think sooner or later we'll lose the right for free speech uh?!
Old 02-04-2014 at 07:08 AM   #2
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

No, it got banned because there was already a thread for the exact same topic, and furthermore you had posted in the original thread already. You were just being redundant with that thread so of course it would be taken down.

RyanC likes this.
Old 02-04-2014 at 09:48 AM   #3
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

umad.jpg
Old 02-04-2014 at 12:44 PM   #4
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Why is everyone posting shit unrelated to our university on macinsiders? Not only that, they tend to post highly controversial stuff, which will ultimately result in everyone arguing either until the thread gets locked, or until someone gets offended and starts spewing profanities.

This is university people, you come here to do work, not to argue.

alyssarr, kwanuing like this.
Old 02-04-2014 at 02:48 PM   #5
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
Why is everyone posting shit unrelated to our university on macinsiders? Not only that, they tend to post highly controversial stuff, which will ultimately result in everyone arguing either until the thread gets locked, or until someone gets offended and starts spewing profanities.

Pretty sure you were arguing pretty hard in the Jacob Brodka thread man... just saying everyone does it man
Old 02-04-2014 at 03:34 PM   #6
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.C View Post
my last thread got banned for what? For sharing the news? i think sooner or later we'll lose the right for free speech uh?!
From the MacInsiders Terms of Service, which every user agrees to when they sign up:

Quote:
Freedom of speech
You understand that although the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights guarantees freedom of public speech for citizens of their states and countries, this website is not a UN country, and the behaviors and activities of members of this privately owned website are governed by our Code of Conduct and this Terms Of Service agreement.
And, as someone has already pointed out, your thread was closed for violating section 11 of the Code of Conduct, which you agreed to be governed by when you signed up.
Old 02-04-2014 at 03:41 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:

There is a "general discussion" section where you can discuss anything not related to academics. The content of this forum isn't strictly about McMaster.

Although, since it has been brought up, the aforementioned thread about accommodation/discrimination at YorkU could certainly be related to Mac, as it has wider implications for all universities in Ontario.

Anyways, we live in the world...it's all interconnected, and if people want to talk about something that they find interesting, what's wrong with that? Debate is a good thing.

I totally agree that it could do without all of the trolls though.
Old 02-04-2014 at 03:51 PM   #8
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Pretty sure you were arguing pretty hard in the Jacob Brodka thread man... just saying everyone does it man
Yes. Because he was a candidate to MSU position, which means he had everything to do with me or my university life. Well... MSU sucks and does nothing, so how can it affect my life? But my tuition does pay their salaries, so I do have a right to troll them or at least ask them questions.
Old 02-04-2014 at 08:27 PM   #9
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Yes. Because he was a candidate to MSU position, which means he had everything to do with me or my university life. Well... MSU sucks and does nothing, so how can it affect my life? But my tuition does pay their salaries, so I do have a right to troll them or at least ask them questions.
Haha no need to get testy man, i a lot of the times agree with what you are posting on here (regardless of the analogies/methods you use at times) just pointing it out man! Guess we shoulda known tho that Brodka and the rest of the candidates would only answer questions in their threads that would help shine a positive light on themselves
Old 02-04-2014 at 08:48 PM   #10
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Anyways, we live in the world...it's all interconnected, and if people want to talk about something that they find interesting, what's wrong with that? Debate is a good thing.
Alright, but there's a place for those discussions. It's called "not here". Why? Well because people like OP are not talking general themes about hot chicks or movies or cars in here, they are trying to talk about political themes that we are simply not capable to discuss without offending someone. Why discuss racism, slavery, religion, sexism, gays, wars, immigration on this forum? People weren't able to discuss and resolve these problems during the span of entire human history, yet here we are on university forum trying to talk about them. Let's take it easy, we are not smart enough to discuss them here. Go elsewhere for that.

I mean it's not really my business, if needed admins will lock this thread when it will start getting out of hand, and they always do.

Why can't we discuss more relevant topics, like why the bells of the divinity college sound like a fucking ice cream truck.
Old 02-05-2014 at 12:23 AM   #11
jitnikovi

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:

Why can't we discuss more relevant topics, like why the bells of the divinity college sound like a fucking ice cream truck.
i like the way they sound..
Old 02-05-2014 at 07:20 AM   #12
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Alright, but there's a place for those discussions. It's called "not here". Why? Well because people like OP are not talking general themes about hot chicks or movies or cars in here, they are trying to talk about political themes that we are simply not capable to discuss without offending someone. Why discuss racism, slavery, religion, sexism, gays, wars, immigration on this forum? People weren't able to discuss and resolve these problems during the span of entire human history, yet here we are on university forum trying to talk about them. Let's take it easy, we are not smart enough to discuss them here. Go elsewhere for that.

I mean it's not really my business, if needed admins will lock this thread when it will start getting out of hand, and they always do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitnikovi View Post
i like the way they sound..
Good going Plinkett now you have soiled what was once a sweet and innocent ringing on campus!!!
Old 02-05-2014 at 08:46 AM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Good going Plinkett now you have soiled what was once a sweet and innocent ringing on campus!!!
I've had many people mistaken it for an ice cream truck, and I've had to correct them..
Old 02-06-2014 at 09:37 AM   #14
arjunbhaga

Liked: 0 Times

Yes, Ithink that this MacInsiders website is very demanding and strict on to what goes on and what doesn't.
Old 02-06-2014 at 11:19 AM   #15
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbhaga View Post
Yes, Ithink that this MacInsiders website is very demanding and strict on to what goes on and what doesn't.
DUDE! dont you know that admins are lurking around every corner waiting to ban us?
Nothing to see here anyone, just move along!!