MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduate School (masters) Clematis Academics 6 08-18-2010 11:52 PM
Announcement: MAC FAIR - Museum of Art Craft Fair rrtt MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-05-2009 11:29 PM
Spring Masters ? Kathy2 General Discussion 4 10-07-2009 12:55 AM
Masters program at Mac? kanishka General Discussion 27 07-19-2009 04:56 PM
Bachelors and Masters Strongwiller Academics 2 11-16-2008 02:58 PM

Car Pool? - Spring Masters Job Fair

Old 03-23-2010 at 09:56 AM   #16
Laydee Death

Liked: 4 Times

DONT FALL FOR THIS STUPID SCAM!

I fell for it last year and it was one of the worst experiences ever. You work alone, and once you're accepted they tell you it's a door-to-door sale and it requires a lot of persuasion to get your customers to buy your service. Your pay comes from how much you earned that day.

Personally, it was a terrible experience. A lot of the people I met quit after the first day. You arrive early in the morning, you get dropped off someplace far away (for me, it was in Oshawa), and they leave you there for 10 hours to do your job. If you're lucky, they'll give you a list of people who want their lawns aerated but some people had to get their customers by going door to door. In the first day, I made $20 from aerating 5 houses that were on my list already. Most people made less than $5 and it was funny, but some people ended up in debt!! WHICH DOESNT MAKE SENSE! You have to stick your foot in everyone's door and force them to buy your business if you actually wanna make more than $50...

I didn't think the work was too hard...I just hated how so many people had lawn ornaments and you have to swivel your way though. It took about an hour/house...and I wasted another 5 hours going around the neighbourhood to get customers...

On my first day, it rained heavily and my supervisor dropped me off at my first house. An old guy came out and screamed at me cause he never agreed to have his house aerated. My supervisor listened to his complaint, said "Ok." and drove away. So I got scolded outside his house while it was raining and his dog started barking at me (looked like it was gonna bite me or something) and god, it was awful. I honestly felt like shit and I just started the day.

Dropped me off in Oshawa...so even if I wanted to quit, I had to wait the full 10 hours until they came back to pick me up. Plus, I had to drag the stupid aerator around with me.

Looking for customers was stupid too. No one would pay $ to have their lawns aerated cause they had another landscaping company doing it for them and I didn't think they'd trust a student doing it either.

I felt soo bad for the people who had to pay an extra $20 TO springmasters at the end of the day cause they didnt get any customers and there was a fee at the end of the day for using the aerator, its fuel, the cost of driving to a distant city, etc....

IF ANYONE SEES THIS AD ANYWHERE, RIP IT OFF! ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!

chinadian, huzaifa47, J-Met, Melanieee all say thanks to Laydee Death for this post.

Old 03-23-2010 at 10:29 AM   #17
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

yeah this is one of the many posters I rip down when I see

huzaifa47 says thanks to andrew22 for this post.

huzaifa47 likes this.
Old 03-23-2010 at 11:03 AM   #18
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I had nooo idea. I guess im just so desperate for a job I didn't even think about it