MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduate School (masters) Clematis Academics 6 08-18-2010 11:52 PM
Spring term changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-30-2010 11:14 AM
Car Pool? - Spring Masters Job Fair Melanieee Volunteering Opportunities 17 03-23-2010 11:03 AM
Masters program at Mac? kanishka General Discussion 27 07-19-2009 04:56 PM
Bachelors and Masters Strongwiller Academics 2 11-16-2008 02:58 PM

Spring Masters ?

Old 10-06-2009 at 08:44 PM   #1
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Spring Masters ?
Has anyone heard of this company? This isn't about College Pro - they still suck. But I see flyers for Spring Masters all over the place, mainly geared towards college/university students.

I replied to one of their flyers a few years ago. It said to send my name, contact info and city to a certain email address, so I did. They replied saying "I'm glad you're interested in Spring Masters! Please send us your name, contact info and city". I replied saying "I already did in the other email, but here it is again anyway". The replied once more saying "Sorry for the confusion. Please send us your name, contact info and city"

That was really shady so I stopped talking to them.

Does anyone know anything about this company? I tried to look up some reviews online but I can't find much.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-06-2009 at 09:49 PM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Sounds sketchy, I would try to find a proper job.
Old 10-06-2009 at 09:59 PM   #3
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Has anyone heard of this company? This isn't about College Pro - they still suck. But I see flyers for Spring Masters all over the place, mainly geared towards college/university students.

I replied to one of their flyers a few years ago. It said to send my name, contact info and city to a certain email address, so I did. They replied saying "I'm glad you're interested in Spring Masters! Please send us your name, contact info and city". I replied saying "I already did in the other email, but here it is again anyway". The replied once more saying "Sorry for the confusion. Please send us your name, contact info and city"

That was really shady so I stopped talking to them.

Does anyone know anything about this company? I tried to look up some reviews online but I can't find much.
I signed up for them, went to their info session where you get "HOLY CRAPLOADS OF MONEY. LOTS OF MONEY, DID I MENTION YOU GET MONEY UP THE WAZOO IF YOU WORK HARD?" Then you ask them about training, what you do, and they say "YOU GET LOTS OF MONEY". By far one of the worst/stupidest things I have ever seen, they would not answer a single question without mentioning money, or side step questions. Too sketchy for me, plus the 6 (if i remember correctly) people I went with, none of us signed up since it came across as so stupid (plus its not like we had negative experiences/heard of any before hand, we were hugely pumped up going into it).
Old 10-06-2009 at 10:01 PM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

In this little case I actually know someone from Mac who tried it out over the summer and quit after two weeks!

There is less risk involved then Painting companies since you get hired as a worker and don't have to be liable(atleast that's how his thing worked) but the difference is that you don't get paid a flat hourly rate. Instead you get commission based on the price the customer is willing to pay; and is equally divided amongst workers. If you don't get alot of contracts for the day then you can end up earning less then minimum wage! I can get more details for you if you want!

I would hence really recommend everyone to get a "real" job instead!

Also their flyers on campus are illegal since they haven't been approved by anyone(I.e: the MSU)!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 10-07-2009 at 12:55 AM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yeah, I quit after one day.

Basically, you're not really given real training, maybe 5 minutes or so before you do your first job. You're left alone in a neighbourhood [we got driven out past Stoney Creek, in some town called Winona] going door to door with a big ass [very, very heavy] machine with you, and you're expected to do this for about 10 hours.

At the end, I got paid 36 dollars because it was all commission. 36 dollars for 10 hours of work? I don't think so. I was in SO much pain for the next few days because of how heavy the machine was, and how much work it was to do the lawns. It was probably one the most horrible experiences of my life.

Last edited by feonateresa : 10-07-2009 at 12:59 AM.