MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career Fair -Networking Reception Graduating Students Alison MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-18-2010 02:27 PM
Are you attending McMaster Career Fair 2010? Bobby66 MacInsiders Announcements 7 09-21-2010 11:23 AM
Who's Hiring 2010? Career Fair March 11, CIBC Hall 10-2:30pm Alison MacInsiders Announcements 31 03-12-2010 05:07 PM
Career Fair 2008 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 09-13-2008 03:13 PM
Career Fair 2008 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-27-2008 10:14 AM

Career fair?

Old 09-18-2011 at 05:45 PM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Career fair?
How do these thing go in terms of:

attire- (prolly a nice suit)does it have to be a suit, coz i dont have one

Conversation with company reps- what do they talk abt? What sort of questions do they ask?

What else do we need besides a COVER LETTER & resume

What are they looking for in a person- I'm guessing a person who can really stand out?

Help :S

MACs are EXCLUSIVELY AT THE APPLE STORE!
Old 09-18-2011 at 05:51 PM   #2
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

You should definitely attend the Career Fair 2011 Presentation Session!!

You can sign up on oscarplus. I know there is one on Tuesday at 9:30-10:15am JHE A114 but there are others too!

Attire is business casual. This is your chance to network with company reps! So ask questions and give your 'elevator' pitch. Having a few resumes on hand is good because some companies do accept them. Each company is different. Try and research companies you are interested in online before hand. Prepare some questions, learn about some of the different project they are doing etc...

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 09-18-2011 at 05:55 PM.

jon.john23 says thanks to AnguishedEnd for this post.
Old 09-18-2011 at 05:57 PM   #3
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

I heard a lot of them are just there to show up and tell students to check their website for job openings/details.

enarab, J. Dorey like this.
Old 09-18-2011 at 07:54 PM   #4
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
I heard a lot of them are just there to show up and tell students to check their website for job openings/details.
I went and enquired about jobs last year. I got told to go to the website for 9/10 of them, and never heard from any of them after that.