Cell Phones lmasud Computers & Tech 12 01-26-2010 04:22 PM
Cell Phone Help Kevin Computers & Tech 7 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Cell Bio

Old 12-26-2010 at 11:17 PM   #1
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

Cell Bio
So I've been trying for the last month to get in this class with no luck :(
so i was just wondering if anyone here has been lucky enough to get into the class within the last month or so? And if so how you got in...ie....via a waiting list or just creeping MUGSI alot LOL

thanks
Old 12-26-2010 at 11:21 PM   #2
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

creeep mugsi
a loooooot
lol
you'll get in
eventually.
Old 12-27-2010 at 01:53 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I know someone who got in last week. Only thing you can do is "creeping Mugsi a lot". No waiting lists, sadly :(

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 12-27-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-27-2010 at 09:58 AM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I know someone who got in last week. Only thing you can do is "creeping Mugsi a lot". No waiting lists, sadly :(
Nice typo Sara ;P

Speaking of waiting lists, do other universities have them?!
Cause that would be soo freakin cool!

& just checked, cell bio is still full, but keep trying this week!
Old 12-27-2010 at 10:18 AM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Nice typo Sara ;P

I think Toronto does, which makes even their horrible system (its crap too - they have to do each course individually, instead of selecting all together the same page) better.
Old 12-27-2010 at 10:24 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Nice typo Sara ;P

Haha thanks for catching that -_-. Now I know I shouldn't go on MI at 3 AM anymore =/
I only know that U of T has them, and I'm pretty sure York has them too!

@britb, I love Toronto's system. I used it with a friend, and honestly it was so much better than ours. Honestly, I don't find the adding of one course at a time thing annoying. At least not enough to determine if the entire system is horrible or not!
Old 12-27-2010 at 12:02 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha thanks for catching that -_-. Now I know I shouldn't go on MI at 3 AM anymore =/
I only know that U of T has them, and I'm pretty sure York has them too!

@britb, I love Toronto's system. I used it with a friend, and honestly it was so much better than ours. Honestly, I don't find the adding of one course at a time thing annoying. At least not enough to determine if the entire system is horrible or not!
I personally hate ROSI. It took me 30 minutes to add one stupid course for my brother because it's nearly impossible for the server not to be busy 2 times in a row. It's always busy and if I magically get pass the selecting the course part, it's nearly impossible to have the server open when adding it. Then you have to start over with selecting it. So stupid.

Although I'm pretty sure this was when it was open to everyone. I'm pretty sure they have their system set up so that the people with the highest marks get to choose first...

Unless they revamped the system, I did this like 3 years ago.
Old 12-27-2010 at 12:09 PM   #8
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I personally hate ROSI. It took me 30 minutes to add one stupid course for my brother because it's nearly impossible for the server not to be busy 2 times in a row. It's always busy and if I magically get pass the selecting the course part, it's nearly impossible to have the server open when adding it. Then you have to start over with selecting it. So stupid.

Although I'm pretty sure this was when it was open to everyone. I'm pretty sure they have their system set up so that the people with the highest marks get to choose first...

You know it's a really crappy system if a motive of getting high grades is preferential treatment in choosing courses next year
Old 12-27-2010 at 03:03 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post

Oh wow, that never happened when I was adding courses with a friend.. I'm pretty sure they set up the times by majors. My friend was in Honours English, and she got an email telling her that her log-in time was 6:25 AM or something. The one thing I absolutely love about it is the waiting lists.. I wish we had those, instead of wasting time checking SOLAR for months before a course opens up =/. Instead, you automatically get added into the course in a sequential way, based on your number in the waiting list. Much more efficient in my opinion!
Old 12-29-2010 at 01:02 AM   #10
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

bump................. ........
Old 12-29-2010 at 01:04 AM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Keep checking SOLAR, haven't seen it open recently =/