Appeal Philosophy Essay maryam17 Academics 6 10-31-2009 02:41 PM
Help with essay editing, etc.? Mr.Prodigy Academics 3 09-30-2009 06:55 AM

Cell bio essay conclusion help?

Old 03-24-2011 at 12:42 PM   #1
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

Cell bio essay conclusion help?
hey

so im done my essay and all i have left is to write a conclusion. But for the last 2 hours I've been stuck and dont know what to write. Like I feel like I've been repeating myself over and over again.

So i just decided to post on here to see if anyone could help me out about what to include or show me an example....I would loveyou forever LOL

Sandra
Old 03-24-2011 at 12:46 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

intros and conclusions always stump me too... i usually just repeat my main points/findings from each paragraph
Old 03-24-2011 at 12:48 PM   #3
cygnusX1

Liked: 46 Times

Dunno about Cell Bio in particular but for conclusions you usually want to state the implications of your essay rather than simply summarizing your main points. Just explain why your paper is important and what (if anything) it contributes to scholarship.
Old 03-24-2011 at 12:48 PM   #4
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraM View Post
I feel like I've been repeating myself over and over again.
Good. A conclusion should not introduce any new information. Rather, it should actually just be a summary of everything you have presented.

How long does it have to be?
Old 03-24-2011 at 12:51 PM   #5
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

like a paragraph, the thing with cellbio is that we're not arguing anything...more like informing so all I'm doing is repeating my points

SandraM likes this.
Old 03-24-2011 at 12:53 PM   #6
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Conclusions are meant to be a repeat of points and are meant to also tie everything together. Here is an example of a conclusion from an essay of mine about HIV/AIDS:

AIDS is an extremely debilitating disease that is often associated with very poor prognoses for patients. Often times, patients succumb to secondary opportunistic infections due to a lack of a properly functioning immune system. HIV, identified as the causative agent for AIDS has been under intense scrutiny by researchers looking for a cure for AIDS. Many efforts have been aimed at developing a vaccine that will aid in viral clearance. Recent advances in molecular technology have allowed the development of DNA based vaccinations. These vaccines are promising in their ability to elicit both cell mediated and humoral immune responses. Unfortunately, preliminary studies in nonhuman primates have demonstrated that although these vaccines can control viral loads and replication, they do not always protect against challenges with pathogenic forms of HIV (Giri, Ugen, & Weiner, 2004). A new, more recent study has suggested cytokine augmentation of DNA based vaccines and has demonstrated extremely promising results, resulting in significantly decreased viral loads and enhanced immune reactivity towards HIV. This may be an area of further interest to researchers on the hunt for an effective vaccine against HIV.

SandraM says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 03-24-2011 at 03:36 PM   #7
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

I had cell bio last semester, and wrote the essay at the last minute (with ample spelling mistakes).
So I did my conclusion in the matter of minutes with no editing, but here's what I spit out:

Don't plagiarize. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2011 at 08:43 PM   #8
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

just summarize what u have learned from doing this research

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine