MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cell phone line Insider First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-01-2010 04:06 AM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Cell Phone Bill niteskie General Discussion 15 09-09-2009 07:27 PM
Cell Phone Plan? Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 08-16-2009 04:45 PM
Cell Phone Help Kevin Computers & Tech 7 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Cell Phone Provider Service

Old 04-12-2010 at 08:20 PM   #16
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldv View Post
And here is my opinion on the matter:

Bell:
Just stay away, their business practises are deadly.
Just out of curiosity, what are these deadly business practices? I wanna know (:
Old 04-12-2010 at 08:53 PM   #17
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Fido is pretty good, no issues. Not sure about going to the iPhone on it, seems a little sketchy to me, and I'm waiting for the new iPhones to roll out this summer

I was thinking about Telus, but I'm meh about them. No bell, and no rogers for me. I've heard really mixed things about Wind, but only because they're a brand new company. Coverage is shotty, they still have some issues with phone selection and their Blackberry stuff, and it's just not at all on the same level as the other companies.
Old 04-12-2010 at 09:49 PM   #18
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are these deadly business practices? I wanna know (:
Bell is king/queen of hidden fees
They have the worst contract disconnection fees
(internet) The throttle everything (meaning you don't get anywhere near the advertised speeds unless you're downloading something directly from Microsoft)
(satellite) They have low quality service (many bugs in the system)
(phone) Mostly just their disconnect and hidden fees, but their regular calls advertising services you already know you don't want are annoying too.

And that's just the service stuff.
They're a monopoly, they own the majority of everything we deal with even if it's through other companies. Customer service is not a nice thing either, I much prefer letting other companies deal with them.
They're employment system is not the best either (they've screwed a vast number of people out of retirement funds many times, I know pretty normal, but still something to throw in.)
Old 04-13-2010 at 12:44 AM   #19
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Contract disconnection fees, hidden fees (aside from annoying advertising haha)
-Would they still be an issue if I got prepaid?
There would be no contract.. I think? haha. Like, I wouldn't consider it a contract.
And hidden fees.. how? Where?

Thanks (: