MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mac meal plan Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-25-2010 01:20 PM
Meal Plan vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-07-2010 09:27 PM
changing meal plan size adamg6 General Discussion 6 08-29-2008 11:03 AM
meal plan? sarahc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-18-2008 01:59 PM
Changing the meal plan!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-06-2008 08:42 AM

changing meal plan

Old 07-29-2010 at 12:30 AM   #1
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

changing meal plan
Hi everyone,
I was fortunate enough to get a room in Mary Keyes so now I want to switch to a group B meal plan. How do I do that? Who do I need to contact? Do I have to email, call or send something in writing?
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:34 AM   #2
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

On the application, you picked one of the group A meal plans right? Well since you're in keyes, they automatically assign you the corresponding Group B plan, no need to do anything.
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:35 AM   #3

Really? I would have thought some people would want to stick to group A. :S
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:43 AM   #4
etoilex3

Yeah, but since there are kitchens in the suites, they assume people will end up cooking, and thus need less money (which isn't always the case, it really depends on the person).

But the important thing to remember is that you can always add money to flex if you run out =).
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:47 AM   #5

But on the website it says:

"Students living in Bates or in the Mary E. Keyes Residence must select one of either the Group A, or the Group B meal plans."
http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...2010-2011.html

So doesn't that suggest that I would need to change it???
Old 07-29-2010 at 01:24 AM   #6
etoilex3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
But on the website it says:

"Students living in Bates or in the Mary E. Keyes Residence must select one of either the Group A, or the Group B meal plans."
http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...2010-2011.html

So doesn't that suggest that I would need to change it???
I think you should call them:

If you have any question or concern about your meal card, please contact Mac Express at 905-525-9140 ext. 27448 or email [email protected]

I think usually people pick keyes as their first choice and end up in a tradition, and thus have to switch to a regular plan...and not the other way around, so there's less people in your situation.
Old 07-29-2010 at 09:30 AM   #7
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

Here's what it said on the MacExpress website:

If you want to change your meal plan, you must submit a written request to Mac Express - the deadline is August 17, 2010 at 4 pm.

The email is [email protected] just in case the link doesn't work.
Old 07-29-2010 at 09:41 AM   #8
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
On the application, you picked one of the group A meal plans right? Well since you're in keyes, they automatically assign you the corresponding Group B plan, no need to do anything.
No.

Samething happened to me last year and I emailed mac express to change the plan and asked them about this automatic switch. The person replied that student may still want to keep the original meal plan even though s/he would have own kitchen; therefore, they don't automatically switch the plan.

Allana:) says thanks to Quester for this post.
Old 07-29-2010 at 01:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
No.

Samething happened to me last year and I emailed mac express to change the plan and asked them about this automatic switch. The person replied that student may still want to keep the original meal plan even though s/he would have own kitchen; therefore, they don't automatically switch the plan.
That's what I thought I already knew before I made this thread lol thanks. I was getting confused by what the other person was saying!

So to switch I email them? Call? Write???
Old 07-29-2010 at 01:26 PM   #10
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammramm View Post
Here's what it said on the MacExpress website:

If you want to change your meal plan, you must submit a written request to Mac Express - the deadline is August 17, 2010 at 4 pm.

The email is [email protected] just in case the link doesn't work.

^You can email them to change it

Allana:) says thanks to rammramm for this post.
Old 07-29-2010 at 01:33 PM   #11
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
That's what I thought I already knew before I made this thread lol thanks. I was getting confused by what the other person was saying!

So to switch I email them? Call? Write???
Yeah, email them. They switch the meal plan within 24 hours.