MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mac meal plan Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-25-2010 01:20 PM
changing meal plan Allana:) First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-29-2010 01:33 PM
meal plan p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 10-07-2009 09:45 PM
Meal Plan kimrose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-24-2008 12:49 PM
Changing the meal plan!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-06-2008 08:42 AM

changing meal plan size

Old 08-28-2008 at 09:14 PM   #1
adamg6

Liked: 0 Times

changing meal plan size
is it too late to change my meal plan size? i know the deadline was aug 14th, but if i call them and talked to them would they be able to make it smaller for me?
Old 08-28-2008 at 10:49 PM   #2
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

you can try... how do you know how much you're gonna eat anyways? You don't even know how much food costs on campus yet.

Protip: Near the end of second term, get food from the Bistro or get Banquet Burgers from the student centre if you have money to spare.

adamg6 says thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.
Old 08-28-2008
thatdudeukno
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-28-2008 at 11:18 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You can buy like cases of water at the end can't you/
Old 08-29-2008 at 08:04 AM   #4
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

At the item price, though (minus a small discount). A case of water would cost you like $20-30.
Old 08-29-2008 at 09:57 AM   #5
Abyss

Liked: 1 Time

Well, my friend told me to just use the left over money near the last weeks of school and just buy random stuff like pop and water for the summer.
Old 08-29-2008 at 09:59 AM   #6
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Theoretically you can change your meal plan size any time.

Your Basic portion (the base $2335) is the same for all meal plans. It's the added amount on your Freedom account that makes the plan bigger or smaller. So if throughout the year you find that you might not need that amount on your Freedom, you can ask them to refund the Freedom part back to you. On the other hand, if you feel it's not enough, you can always add more money.

Unless you are changing between the Reduced (for Bates/Keyes only) and Regular meal plans, you don't need to worry about the plan being too big/small, as you can change the amount later.
Old 08-29-2008 at 11:03 AM   #7
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh999 View Post
Theoretically you can change your meal plan size any time.

Your Basic portion (the base $2335) is the same for all meal plans. It's the added amount on your Freedom account that makes the plan bigger or smaller. So if throughout the year you find that you might not need that amount on your Freedom, you can ask them to refund the Freedom part back to you. On the other hand, if you feel it's not enough, you can always add more money.

Unless you are changing between the Reduced (for Bates/Keyes only) and Regular meal plans, you don't need to worry about the plan being too big/small, as you can change the amount later.
^^^^^^
This.
They changed the meal plans around since I was in first year, the Basic is the same for everyone now:
http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...e/details.html

All you need to use up is the BASIC portion. That is non-refundable and does NOT get carried over to the next year. The rest (Freedom/Flex) gets carried over to the next year or you can request to get that money back.