MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing Programs? JeffBoatang Academics 6 05-25-2014 05:13 PM
Changing programs/transfering 2nd year?? macsoonkin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-10-2014 09:30 AM
Changing to other programs Faer Academics 6 06-02-2011 03:45 PM
Changing Programs fred Academics 1 06-14-2010 12:10 AM

Changing programs after first year

Old 12-14-2016 at 07:08 AM   #1
Harry947

Liked: 0 Times

Changing programs after first year
Hi,
As the title states, I was wondering if that's possible ?
I read a few other posts like this but they didn't weren't exactly what I was looking for so I decided to post.

And I'm talking about changing programs considering I got really good grades in the first year. Like if that happens(high GPA), and if I took the prerequisite courses can I transfer into almost any program ?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2016 at 11:29 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

"Why don't you ask your academic adviser?" ©
Old 12-14-2016 at 11:35 AM   #3
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

If you're talking about changing programs within the same faculty then yes, as long as you complete the required courses of your level 1 program and satisfy the requirements for entry to your level 2 program then the transfer is simple. For example if you start out in Chemical and Physical Sciences I and decide you want to major in Biology come second year then as long as you satisfy the course requirements for entry into Biology then it'll work.
Old 12-14-2016 at 06:46 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

If you have high enough grades relative to the other transfer applicants, and you take the prereqs (which for some programs can be difficult if not impossible) then you can transfer. It really depends where you are coming from and where you want to go. You didn't give enough information to get a useful answer, but as already stated, you'd be better off seeing an academic advisor.